8.12 Greyhounds

We've gone to the dogs.
LeTiss

I've just seen Henlow started at 8.12am

Have I missed something?
Since when did the dog racing start so early, and why?

I'm no vet, but that sounds potentially dangerous for the dogs too - autumn mornings are dewey and cold, you'd think greyhounds would run the risk of muscular injuries racing so early in October
SeaHorseRacing

LeTiss wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:18 am
I've just seen Henlow started at 8.12am

Have I missed something?
Since when did the dog racing start so early, and why?

I'm no vet, but that sounds potentially dangerous for the dogs too - autumn mornings are dewey and cold, you'd think greyhounds would run the risk of muscular injuries racing so early in October
Yes they are starting racing early morning now.

Stupid idea... Greyhounds are only there for the bookies anyway and it’s because the fobts will change. Get people in the door early.
Jukebox

These early meetings are sponsored by SIS. their slogan is "More betting opportunities at the right times"
SeaHorseRacing

Jukebox wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:45 am
These early meetings are sponsored by SIS. their slogan is "More betting opportunities at the right times"
Is their any surprise whatsoever why Greyhound racing is dying.

Imo, the way to improve racing is buy selling out at the track. Not through tv rights.

A football game would be pointless if no fans where there watching.

Who on a Friday morning would go to the dog track for an 8am start???

I want to see bookies shut when there is no racing on... it should be the law. They are bookies.

If there’s no racing on they should be shut. I understand opening up at 8am on grand national day... but there is no reason why bookies shouldn’t be open most days before 11am.

Ever been to Newmarket? The bookies there close at 11.30pm I’ve even seen 12pm!!

They want stable lads that are traveling back to pick there winnings and play the machine after evening racing!!
Last edited by SeaHorseRacing on Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jukebox

The next step will be to change the traditional numbered dog jackets to ones with fruit machine fruits on them.
SeaHorseRacing

I also believe this is an attempt for the bookies to not close early with these new fobt laws...

Our uk sporting events start 8am most days...
LeTiss

Thanks fellas. All very murky stuff from the bookies again
mcgoo

Added UK GH markets to my bot run as I don't usually get to watch them Down Under. The early suspensions over there make me nervous though. Does anyone know( and are willing to share) which tracks are particularly susceptible to this or is it a random thing? Thanks in advance
Dallas

mcgoo wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:23 am
Added UK GH markets to my bot run as I don't usually get to watch them Down Under. The early suspensions over there make me nervous though. Does anyone know( and are willing to share) which tracks are particularly susceptible to this or is it a random thing? Thanks in advance
Swindon is one of the most notorious ones
mcgoo

Dallas wrote:
mcgoo wrote:
Swindon is one of the most notorious ones
Thanks Dallas. Won't take em on.Cheers
whimsies

I get my bot to close trade about 20 secs before the off and may hit one suspension a week
mcgoo

whimsies wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:45 pm
I get my bot to close trade about 20 secs before the off and may hit one suspension a week
Interesting..cheers for that :)
BetScalper

mcgoo wrote:
Avoid Swindon at all costs.

I have seen some very dodgy goings on there with start times and over watering of the track on the inside lanes.
mcgoo

BetScalper wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:54 pm
mcgoo wrote:
Avoid Swindon at all costs.

I have seen some very dodgy goings on there with start times and over watering of the track on the inside lanes.
Thank you :) ..will do

Return to “Trading Greyhound racing”