Lay Every Dog Every Race

We've gone to the dogs.
skyvia

I am interested in the thoughts of the punters on this forum about laying every dog in every race.

I came up with the idea (which is probably not original) that in a 8 dog race (in Australia) 1 wins and 7 lose. so if the winner pays $3 i can profit $5. Even if a high priced winner comes up i.e. $35 there are still enough short priced winners to cover this.

I went through all the results using Unitab and assuming all fields had 8 runners over a 7 day period of 61 meetings of 10-12 races per meet.

I arrived at these results by adding all winning prices and subtracting that from the number of dogs racing on the night.

ie 8 dogs x 10 races = 80 less all winning prices

results are:

4/6/10 - 8 meetings +187 units
3/6/10 - 11 meetings +181 units
2/6/10 - 10 meetings +50 units
1/6/10 - 10 meetings + 137 units
31/5/10 - 10 meetings + 179 units
30/5/10 - 6 meetings +150 units
29/5/10 - 6 meetings +79 units

TOTAL 61 meetings +963 units

My question to you is:

1. Has anyone tried this - is it viable?
2. can it be done with a 1 or 2 click process
or would a betting bot be more appropriate.
RegLaing

This will not work due to the Betfair pools being too small and the prices too long.
It may be possible to do something with major city tracks only where the pools are larger than normal.
It is misleading to apply TAB prices to Betfair, in many races only a few dogs are in play.
greyhoundlayer

hi
there im new to this forum im a greyhound layer by trade,i find the lest lays you do the better if youy want long term profit,my newest system which i been testing with my twitter follows not even two months gone we are 103pts in profit just doing two lays per day on every 2nd race in the mrn card 1 lay from each venue all my lays are free which i post on twitter every day the other system what i been doing since 2011 going alright 2011 was 134 pts profit jan/feb was bad months but when i changed the system in march just one lossing month in october,all my results are on my website this year we are going ok 48pts up but struggling this month at the moment
Iron

Hi Skyvia

Let's say you've uncovered a chink in the market's armour. How long will it be before other people make the same discovery, and the available prices in the market evolve to remove the edge?

The problem with exchanges is that they constantly weed out inefficiencies that arise (given that so many people are looking for edges, along with Betfair themselves!).

Jeff
andyfuller

Ferru123 wrote:Hi Skyvia
Hope you answer your front door quicker - he posted in 2010 :lol:
mugsgame

................................,-~*`¯lllllll`*~,............................................. .....
...........................,-~*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll¯`*-,..........................................
......................,-~*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll*-,......................................
..................,-*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll.\... ..................................
................;*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll,-~*~-,llllllllllllllllllll\....................................
................\lllllllllllllllllllllllllll/...........\;;;;llllllllllll,-`~-,................................
.................\lllllllllllllllllllll,-*.............`~-~-,...(.(¯`*,`,...............................
...................\llllllllllll,-~*........................)_-\..*`*;..)..............................
.....................\,-*`¯,*`)............,-~*`~................../...............................
.....................|/.../.../~,......-~*,-~*`;.................../.\..............................
.................../.../..../..../..,-,..*~,.`*~*..................*...\.......................... ...
...................|.../.../..../.*`...\................................)....)¯`~,........... .........
...................|./..../..../........).........)`*~-,............../.....|..)...`~-,..............
.................././.../....,*`-,.....`-,....*`....,---......\...../...../..|..........¯```*~-,,,,
.................(............)`*~-,.....`*`.,-~*.,-*.......|.../..../..../...............\..........
..................*-,.......`*-,...`~,..``.,,,-*.............|.,*...,*....|.................\.........
......................*,.........`-,....)-,..................,-*`...,-*.....(`-,..............\........
........................f`-,........`-,/...*-,___,,-~*.....,-*......|....`-,...............

Return to “Trading Greyhound racing”