Grrr!

We've gone to the dogs.
Iron

I was trading Henlow yesterday, and the race started about 30 seconds before the scheduled off! :evil:

Jeff
dogform

Ferru123 wrote:I was trading Henlow yesterday, and the race started about 30 seconds before the scheduled off! :evil:

Jeff

Jeff,

The scheduled off times for greyhound races on SIS are subject to both types of variation, ie, before or after the scheduled time.

It's just my personal opinion but anyone trying to regularly trade greyhound racing shown on the SIS service should try to get SIS pictures. The bookmaker online radio commentaries are behind reality due to the inherent latency associated with the technology. In addition, the trader is also subject to the vagaries of the Betfair suspend process.

For TV greyhound racing shown on RPTV then things should be better for a trader due to less latency and the availability of relatively "live" pictures. In addition, there should be no requests from SIS shedulers to manipulate the scheduled off times for RPTV races.

For bet placement where the selection is simply backed or layed based on a judgement call without a trade out then the bookmaker online radio commentaries can be reasonable as an indicator of the impending off time. The quality of the online radio race commentaries is another matter, they can be appallingly innacurate on occasion.

Rgds
dog

Return to “Trading Greyhound racing”