23.35 at Peterborough

We've gone to the dogs.
sweetybt

WTF is going on, you try to lay the current price and the current price vanishes. How is this possible
convoysur-2

its betfair seeding the markets .
peter did a video on it some time ago ,dont know where it is though
Euler

I think on markets very far out prices are cached or on a very slow cycle, so if you see a price it probably wont update until you try and place a bet. #costcutting
sweetybt

prices on the 1 dog are matched but the others which are creating an overround do not :shock:
LeTiss

I've seen this on numerous markets over recent months - it seems to particularly happen when a market has just gone 'in play', or reopened after a suspension, or on markets that are very weak

Your eyes light up for a fantastic green and the money disappears before it's matched, as if it was never actually there at all
Euler

I've have a proper nose when the racing is finished. If anybody can catch it on video I'd be interested!
Euler

I can replicate this, you are looking at cross matching.

Switch off the virtual pricing and you will see the prices vanish. The market is malformed, there are only tiny amounts of money on the back and lay prices. Only one runner by the look of it.

Betfair don't expose virtual prices so the client has to create them, so this is why you see prices that are unable to be matched and why they vanish when you try and take them.

Got to settings/display and turn of the virtual bet display

Basically it's an anomaly.
convoysur-2

i have noticed the last couple of days that in low liquidity markets ,prices are available on betfair site but dont show up on the betangel ladder or anything ,,,?
it has nothing to do with my refresh etc ive checked all that out..
i have no idea why this happens ??
Marc
LinusP

Yeh it's cross matching, been playing with the API NG and it seems as though it is only turned on when a market has a certain amount matched. It isn't even on the horse racing markets during the morning which I find surprising.
steven1976

What are virtual prices and the purpose of them?
steven1976

Just found a link on it.
http://www.betangel.com/user-guide/display.html

The bf link is no longer valid but it explains what it is.
My head hurts :evil:
sweetybt

Euler wrote:I can replicate this, you are looking at cross matching.

Switch off the virtual pricing and you will see the prices vanish. The market is malformed, there are only tiny amounts of money on the back and lay prices. Only one runner by the look of it.

Betfair don't expose virtual prices so the client has to create them, so this is why you see prices that are unable to be matched and why they vanish when you try and take them.

Got to settings/display and turn of the virtual bet display

Basically it's an anomaly.
Thanks for the explanation.

Return to “Trading Greyhound racing”