Expensive wallet error!

For men with odd shaped balls.
JollyGreen

I'm a keen Rugby fan and was rather amazed at the price of South Africa. I put an order in at 1.30 and just as I did, Australia scored and I got the message (via Betfair website) that my order couldn't be placed.

I didn't have any money in my Australian wallet - didn't realise that SA markets were covered by it!! They are now out at a huge price :cry:
jimrobo

I've got it on record!! I'm guessing I already know the result now though !! :(
JollyGreen

A missed opportunity...I was half watching the game and half looking at the prices on Betfair. If I had gone in via Bet Angel I would have realised it was an Australian Wallet market. Why were SA at 1.30? They were a definite lay at that price because any score from Australia meant they would drift!

Not too professional eh!!!!
LeTiss

There are some really good Aussie sporting opportunities, unfortunately BA make it a pain in the arse to trade. On Betfair you can trade Aussie markets and UK from one destination, but BA requires opening a new window - data usage charges mean it's not worthwhile.

What if the Australian Government banned internet gambling, like USA?
It would be bad news for Aussie traders, but it wouldn't stop people outside Australia being able to bet and trade on Aussie markets. My point is, the whole Aussie wallet situation is shit. Surely Betfair could just create Aussie wallets for people with Australian accounts or Australian IP addresses.
It makes no difference when betting with a fixed odds bookmaker if the market is Australian or not, so I don't see why it should for Betfair
JollyGreen

jimrobo wrote:I've got it on record!! I'm guessing I already know the result now though !! :(
I'm not sure what you mean?
LeTiss

I think he was recording the match to watch later & you gave the result away
JollyGreen

jimrobo wrote:I've got it on record!! I'm guessing I already know the result now though !! :(
:oops: Sorry mate....that was one of the reasons I made the mistake. As I said, I was half watching it and was amazed that SA could start at 1.3. When I missed it I decided to leave it alone and watch it later!
Ali Ahmad

Me too a big rugby fan, i haven't comprehended the question very well.

Return to “Rugby”