Darts - BDO Final

Any markets not covered in the other boards
Stewart

Anyone trading the darts this afternoon?

Whilst a bit early I am going to trade this event and so far have done well on the tournament. My theory on today's game is that it will most probably be very tight with several changes of momentum, therefore, big swings are likely.

I have set up my first trade already. Having analysed the event and the players form to date, then there could be an edge in backing Wolfie and trading out at odds-on after the first 2-3 sets. I say this, as so far during the tournament Martin Adams has started quickly in his games and has won the first two sets in each match while his opponent Dave Chisnall has started slowly agaist the seeded players. Against Hankey (seed 5) in the Qtr final he lost the first two sets (4-1 down at the break) and again he lost the first two sets to number 1 seed O'Shea (down 3-2 at the break).

I am a great believer of history repeating so I am hopefull of my strategy.

If this doesn't happen then unless someone storms it then both players could at some stage trade odds on so there is a decent chance of trading out for a profit (depending on your nerves).

I know Peter will be trading this event but anyone else going to give it a go? If so good luck.
Max

new to darts!how long would you expect a final to last
approx?
Thanks.
Stewart

Hi Max

Event is first to 7 sets (each set is decided on best of 5 legs) so could be over in 45 mins if someone wins each set by 3 legs to 0 but unlikely in my opinion. BBC2 coverage starts at 1745 and lasts until 2030.

There will be at least one break (after first 6 sets in the final) so I would say 90-140mins including the break is the likely length of the final.

Plenty of time to trade. ;)
Predicton

Hi Stewart,

I love watching darts, it's pure competition, no referees, judges or stewards making arbitrary decisions, the dart is either in or out, you either win or lose based on how well you play. I won't be trading it, I want to enjoy it without distractions.

There are a couple of things I've got a view on which may be of interest. The mental make up of the two finalists is intriguing. To me, Martin Adams has great mental strength, nothing shakes him (I'll come on to his apparent collapse in yesterdays semi later) whilst Dave Chisnall is an emotion player, running on crowd generated adrenaline. If Martin keeps the crowd subdued (fairly hard with alcohol-fired darts enthusiasts) he'll do well and I'm with you in thinking that he'll start the better of the two when emotions are at their lowest. If he lets Dave build up any sort of "head of steam", however, then we might see some fireworks (big scores, sensational check-outs) and the swings you dream of.

There is one thing niggling me though. Yesterday, when things went against him, Martin showed more emotion in twenty minutes than he's shown in thirty years, face pulling, mumbling, drinking water, mopping his brow and all very ostentatiously. The body language didn't ring true, to me. When it transpired that his son had a winning correct score betting slip, I was reminded of Silvino Francisco's habit of winning snooker matches 5-1 to land some massive correct score bets, many years ago.

Maybe I'm just an old paranoiac at heart,

cheers, P
Max

Hi Stewart,
Thank you, I will tune in and try to get a feel for it!
Good luck with your trading tonight!

Max.
Stewart

Hi Predication

Great final and a pleasure to watch. Lots of opps for trading as the players depart for the break.

Adams winning the first 3 sets, having a 170 check-out and yet still the match is far from over with the score 4 sets to 2.

Think I am going to sit back and watch the rest but this is going to the 13th set (I hope). :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Predicton

Hi Stewart,

what great entertainment. I hope that you made a few quid,

cheers, P
Stewart

Great final and nice profit to boot. Perfect way to watch a great event and good practice for the Tennis.

;)

Return to “Other Betfair Sports Trading markets”