BBC SPOTY 2015

Any markets not covered in the other boards
LeTiss

I reckon Andy Murray could be a feel your boots time!

We've seen in the past how more recent events in the calender seem to register with voters

The candidates haven't exactly set the world alight, however less than 2 weeks before the voting, Murray looks set to bring the baton home for GB in the Davis Cup - our first truimph since the days of Fred Perry in the 1930's

It will make massive news, not just sporting news, and Murray will be a true sporting hero at the time of the vote

Currently trading at between 10 and 11

It's a staggeringly high price
Euler

Nice angle.

I was chatting to a racing driver who was suggesting Hamilton may suddenly start experiencing car problems in the remaining races of the season. So I've taken him on at short odds after Singapore.
LeTiss

Euler wrote:Nice angle
Cheers mate, clearly my ideas were not unique!

The price has already moved, that price of 10 was a steal though
LeTiss

I'm a little surprised Murray has only shortened to 3.35

What has Jessica Ennis-Hill done to deserve being favourite?

Athletics is in the gutter right now, and her achievements is not even close to Murray almost single handedly winning Britain their first Davis Cup in 79 years

If Murray was hated then I'd understand it, but he's won it before, and also finished 3rd before, so his lack of popularity isn't going to stop him
scottydog

Because shes a women thats way. No offence meant.
Euler

What has Jessica Ennis-Hill done to deserve being favourite?
Sod all since 2012 from what I can see. Had a baby, but that's about all since 2012.

The contest is an increasingly bizarre one in recent years.
CLOWNSHOES

I normally avoid markets when the price baffles me as much as ennis hills does but i couldnt resist taking her on for a small amount given how low she was.
Dallas

I know 2012 was an exceptional year for many but if she could nt win it that year cant see how she would do it this year - that said In my lifetime there has been 11 Athletes win but only the most recent Kelly Holmes was during an Olympic year.
LeTiss

The more I think about it, the more staggered I am that people are backing Ennis-Hill at odds of 2.30

It makes no sense to me at all
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
scottydog

If your that sure, take advantage off it. Just because her price is short doesn't mean she win it. Price always stops people from making their own choice. I think its the best lay bet of the year, The fact Murray has already won it already is the reason why. It shouldn't be that way. Murray has already won it that is why the price of Ennis is still favourite. I don't think Ennis should even be on the list and it will be a embarrassment if she wins.

So below Ennis price we have;
A davis cup winner and world Number 2.
World Heavy weight boxing champion
Formula 1 champion
World record England scorer
Premier league record breaker whos english.
Wales greatest ever play who gave them qualification in over 50 years for euros.
The greatest Jockey off all time to retire.

Rory McIlroy should be a shorter price the Ennis.
I also believe when people know Ennis is favourite people will start to vote for her too.

Everyone lay her.
scottydog

What about Stuart Bingham? Anyone know what hes truly achieved and the age he did it at this year.
He will never win SPOTY but he should get recognition at least. His price should also be shorter then Ennis.
Dallas

Most of us already have laid her sometime ago, I thought i was quick off the mark with 1.70s but i know clownshoes got a few ticks more than that :mrgreen:

Im still kicking myself over forgetting about Letiss's opening post for muzza :x
Consty1

Big drift on Fury suggests he hasn't even been nominated.
LeTiss

10 nominations named on BBC One Show at 7pm, but the list was decided before the weekend, so there's every chance Fury will not be on that list........even Murray for that matter!!
Naffman

Strange how Vardy isn't at least on the list, disgrace IMO (and no, I haven't got any bets on Vardy :lol: )

Return to “Other Betfair Sports Trading markets”