Celebrity Big Brother

Any markets not covered in the other boards
Iron

Is it just me, or are Vinnie Jones's odds on Betfair (2.2-2.3 at present)a bit generous? I haven't seen any charisma or leadership qualities that put him head and shoulders above everyone else.

Jeff
Predicton

Hi Jeff,

I can't speak for the show since I've never seen any Big Brother programme, celebrity or otherwise, but Vinnie showed loads of charisma and leadership when he was at Leeds, the crowd loved him. Maybe it's his erstwhile performances on the field that's caused the market to react as it has,

Yidaho! P
andyfuller

Ferru123 wrote:I haven't seen any charisma or leadership qualities that put him head and shoulders above everyone else.
You must be watching a different version of the show to me - last night they were all talking about him being the leader of the group - they even call him King Vinnie!

He is hands down at the moment the best person in there however as is often the case the early favourite isn't always the winner.
Mike_IG

I've only watched a bit of it as I've not bet much on it this year but for me the shows I've seen have been all about Alex and because of that I backed him when he was in the mid to high 20's and don't feel any need to lay it off at the moment. I definatly would not be backing Vinnie at those prices, as soon as I saw those prices it looked like Vinnie would win but to me at the moment the producers seem to want Alex to win and until that changes I'm on that train. I would definatly have Vinnie as the fav at the moment but I will keep more than a few £ on Alex.
Mike_IG

God I'm gonna miss Big Bro, for me it's been like printing money (unlike a lot of other markets lol). I got out a little early on Alex from my bet posted above and took my stake out at 4 but I've now greened up across the board for a nice healthy profit.
Hope the rest of you have done well also.
andyfuller

Mike are you back on BB?

I have laid Jedward and plan to add to it, they are too short imo and shouldn't be favourite. The show is being aired at 10pm which is later than when it was on Channel 4 if I remember.

Jedward's fan base is young kids who are unlikely to be watching at this time of the day. I see them going a fair way but I don't think they will be that 'attractive' to the age of people watching the show.

Xfactor was on far earlier in the night meaning their target audience could watch them.

A big lay for me.
andyfuller

andyfuller wrote:I see them going a fair way but I don't think they will be that 'attractive' to the age of people watching the show.....

A big lay for me.
3rd Place for Jedward :D
andyfuller

I hear Frankie Dettori is going on the show, think it starts tonight.

Could be a bit more betting if he is going in as it is likely to attract more racing punters.
andyfuller

I would have thought this years show is making great trading fodder.

I get a lot of slagging off from family members for watching it but I find it a fascinating program. I don't watch the 'normal' one but the Celebrity one is really interesting from a mental/psychological view point imo, given various factors such as to why they are in the house, what they have to lose and gain etc.

Also this year's series has thrown up some really interesting debating topics with regards to freedom of speech especially in light of the recent events in France.

Any of the usual traders of these markets having a go?
BJGardner

Having seen Jimmy Bullard first out of the jungle when odds on fav for outright winner,I have been watching this volatile market.

Reg Holdsworth has been red carded for using outdated racial language and looking at the totty in the bathroom, personally I'm surprised that they don't have male and female bathrooms. Im sure when this show first satrted they has separate bedrooms.

Another American has been red carded for groping a girl who was comforting him as he was chundering having drunk too much.

I've dabbled in the market, currently red on 2nd Fav Katie Hopkins and George Best's son, Im hoping for some new entrants to replace the two ejectees, rumours are that Linda Evans of Dynasty fame may be going in.
BJGardner

Katie Price (aka page 3 girl Jordan) entered the house last night and is currently Fav in the outright market. :D
magwitch78

Does anyone know at what points the market gets suspended tomorrow night? Will I be able to trade when there are two finalists left in the house?
spreadbetting

I wouldn't bank on it, Betfair are a law unto themselves when it comes to the final nights CBB trading, plus the feeds sometimes are delayed so not really their fault.

They usually reopen after every departure but the closer it gets to the last two the less time there usually is so even though the show may state 2 minutes til voting ends it doesn't mean Betfair will have the market open for those minutes. The days when BB used to be actively managed have long gone along with the liquidity on specials markets.

Return to “Other Betfair Sports Trading markets”