SPOTY 2016

Any markets not covered in the other boards
Euler

When AP won, it was mainly thanks to a concerted campaign by the supporters of racing. TBH I think the voting system is flawed.
LeTiss

Euler wrote:In recent years it's always been the case that the public vote for somebody other than who really should have won. McIllroy should have won a couple of years ago but somehow it was Lewis Hamilton instead.
That's because the public have never warmed to Rory.

Murray has already won it twice, and this year has been his greatest ever

I'd be staggered if he doesn't breeze it
ShaunWhite

Euler wrote:When AP won, it was mainly thanks to a concerted campaign by the supporters of racing. TBH I think the voting system is flawed.
I think the public still try and find a sports personality to vote for, not necessarily the highest acheiving sportsperson of the year.

It was Juvenal who said ...
"Already long ago, from when we sold our vote to no man, the People have abdicated our duties; for the People who once upon a time handed out military command, high civil office, legions — everything, now restrains itself and anxiously hopes for just two things: bread and circuses"

Nothing much has changed.
Abraquay

After Brexit and Trump i for one won't be voting for Murray
Euler

Murray 1.14 ahead of Sunday night
Dublin_Flyer

Any interest in Mo?
Regarding the "Liberal PC" LeTiss referred to, he's non-UK born, black, Muslim, vegetarian. Ticks all the boxes for an inclusive progressive society or whatever voiceover you want to put on it.

Comes across as a friendly happy chap in interviews and face is well known for tv ads for pretend mince or pretend sausages made out of sawdust and toilet paper. Looks overpriced at 75ish to me.
Crazyskier

Dublin_Flyer wrote:Any interest in Mo?
Regarding the "Liberal PC" LeTiss referred to, he's non-UK born, black, Muslim, vegetarian. Ticks all the boxes for an inclusive progressive society or whatever voiceover you want to put on it.
You're right Dublin, but thankfully the liberal nutters with their minority agendas they are determined to inflict upon the rest of us, are starting to wake up and smell the coffee and realise that it no longer washes to dismiss genuine concerns by name-calling (homophobe, racist, bigot, etc etc).

Brexit, Trump, Le-Pen in France, Wilders in Holland etc etc - people have had enough and are pushing back now. Therefore I doubt anyone called Mohammed has much of a chance at any price this year, frankly.
Dublin_Flyer

Crazyskier wrote: Therefore I doubt anyone called Mohammed has much of a chance at any price this year, frankly.
I honestly never knew Mo in his name was short for Mohammed, I thought he was just Mo. I used to have a dog called Mo, a Cav King Charles beauty. Called Mo because his hairline was a big M, plus when we got him he slept in a little basket, so Mo was short for Moses! :lol: :lol:

I never and still don't take much of an interest in SPOTY but the stand-out thing in my mind was one of the RP guys tipping Giggsy for it in 2009 at 16/1 I think. Can't remember the exact details but I remember seeing the result and thinking...Fxxk me...RP actually got an ante post tip up!

I've thrown a few fivers on Mo, Mo (W/O Andy), Andy/Mo forecast, not in any great hope.....but for the upset to happen and me to be the guy that said Told You So.... :roll:
Euler

Haven't checked this years rules but I think the vote can be manipulated?

Stick a few quid on an outsider then vote for him and get others to do so.
LeTiss

You heard it here first folks..........Peter Webb promoting manipulation!! :lol:
Euler

I put some numbers on the winner this morning: -
Voting patterns.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Hollowtrading

Very interesting stats peter, the fact that murry is fav to win it 3 times in 4 years boggles the mind
Crazyskier

Dublin_Flyer wrote:
Crazyskier wrote: Therefore I doubt anyone called Mohammed has much of a chance at any price this year, frankly.
I honestly never knew Mo in his name was short for Mohammed, I thought he was just Mo. I used to have a dog called Mo, a Cav King Charles beauty. Called Mo because his hairline was a big M, plus when we got him he slept in a little basket, so Mo was short for Moses! :lol: :lol:

I never and still don't take much of an interest in SPOTY but the stand-out thing in my mind was one of the RP guys tipping Giggsy for it in 2009 at 16/1 I think. Can't remember the exact details but I remember seeing the result and thinking...Fxxk me...RP actually got an ante post tip up!

I've thrown a few fivers on Mo, Mo (W/O Andy), Andy/Mo forecast, not in any great hope.....but for the upset to happen and me to be the guy that said Told You So.... :roll:
Well unlike your lovely sounding Cavalier King Charles, you'll find ALL Muslims called 'Mo' are indeed named for the prophet they adore.

In light of recent events in Paris and elsewhere, and the rising resentment towards the increasing Islamification of Christian Western nations, I wish you all the best with your wagers on Mo, but suggest they are indeed a punt as he has less chance than a snowball in hell of winning SPOTY 2016, despite actually being a worthy candidate in my opinion.
Euler

Maybe some value in top three?
LeTiss

Certainly a bit of interest today in Brownlee. I'm surprised Laura Trott/Kenny is so much bigger than him - she's always been perceived as being well liked, Cycling is higher profile than Triathlon, and her acheivements for someone still young is staggering.

Surely people are not voting for him because he helped his brother over the bloody finishing line?

Return to “Other Betfair Sports Trading markets”