basketball : houston @ la clippers

Any markets not covered in the other boards
roger speakout

it should be a great game.

la clippers beat the spurs a few days ago,

we all remember that la clippers were blowing away Houston two years ago in playoffs game 6, they lost the game and did not turn up in game 7. magic Johnson said clippers will always be clippers after that outcome.

there seems to be a huge difference in the prices, someone is 1.3 favourite , unless they are resting players, I think the teams should be towards parity.

Houston has less personnel problem, James Harden is the undisputed leader, clippers have more talent but have locker room problems.

I am temped to lay the 1.3 because it is ridiculous, but I need to see who is playing.
ec0n0mist

I can definitely see where you were coming from. How this might have appeared like value on the surface, especially when you consider the lack of flow of the Clippers' and their dodgy defence. However, there were a few crucial factors that actually suggested the value was on clippers' ML 1.30 last night.

1) Harden was always going to keep his minutes at or below 24 mins.

2) It was a back-to-back game for the Rockets (played Kings the night before)

3) Capela and Hilario were rested, so no bigs. As was Beverley, arguably their best defensive player (In fact, he's probably the only player who plays D on the team :lol: ). Lou Williams was out as well, so offense was always going to be a problem with Harden never planning on playing the 4th quarter

4) But most importantly, Rockets had nothing to fight for with 3rd seed firmly locked up and 2nd seed unattainable. On the other hand, Clippers were battling for home-court advantage with the Jazz. Hence the real value actually lied with laying the Warriors last night @ 1.22 (or backing the Jazz) as GSW are in the same position as the rockets, with nothing to play for.

Return to “Other Betfair Sports Trading markets”