Today's Cycling

Any markets not covered in the other boards
Dallas

I dont want to Jinx him but after todays TT Froome is looking unstoppable in the Vuelta, its just hard to believe its taken him this long
Bluesky

Dallas wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:41 pm
I dont want to Jinx him but after todays TT Froome is looking unstoppable in the Vuelta, its just hard to believe its taken him this long
He looked better in this TT than he did in the Tour, like you I can't see him being beaten now unless he has an accident.
sionascaig

Been enjoying watching Contador & Nibili keeping the pressure on.. Both have beat my expectations in this race. Froome is 1.06 this morning which I think seems a bit low given not all is under his control & his past record of running into trouble.
Dallas

Quick question for anyone who followed cycling back in the 80s during the Malcolm Elliot era

Im trying to find the rider who had the nickname 'The Pocket Rocket' im certain it was Steve Jocking or Hocking but cant find anything definitive when searching. If anyone remembers or has any links they could post that would be great
Dallas

powlesy2000 wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:01 am
close....
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Joughin
Perfect thanks for that Powlesy :)
Abraquay

Ah those were the days, remember watching him back in the 80's. Remember also Phil Bayton,"The Staffordshire Engine".
The hill climb season is upon us once again and is National Hill Climb at Hedley Hill in Northumberland on 29th October if anyone wants to go
along. Always a good day out and a great atmosphere.
ruthlessimon

Froome 10.0 for SPOTY; unacceptable price.. Unfortunately I think pro cycling will always have the drug label :(
Abraquay

Yes i agree cycling will always have the drug label now. Two of my cycling mates used to race in France back in the 80's. One was offered a professional contract but due to serious illness had to come back home. He said that some cyclists used to inject themselves at the bottom of the climbs. After that he didn't want anything to do with trying to make a career out of it as you are competing with cheats.
ruthlessimon

Beaumont finishes his around the world attempt a day early, Chapeau! "needed to average 240miles a day" Tired just thinking about that :lol:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-t ... l-41308524
Dallas

Its an amazing achievement and crazy how just under 10yrs ago he set a WR of 194 days and has now just done it in less than 80 days
Dallas

Just finished watching 'Britain's Cycling Superheroes' which was on BBC2 after last nights Tennis

Its well worth a watch on ' iPlayer' if your into cycling
sionascaig

I suspect it only just covered the tip of an iceberg... More from the athletes concerned would have been good... Although Mr Miller didn't pull many punches when describing the enhancements experienced from the drugs included in the TUE's...

Line of the evening had to be: If an athlete is performing at 95% its ok to drug them up to get 100% - pfft...
ruthlessimon

Maybe shoulda watched the Giro, wtf happened to Yates!?!
Halliday

ruthlessimon wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 5:22 pm
Maybe shoulda watched the Giro, wtf happened to Yates!?!
Lost over 40 mins today .. Said he was tired and exhausted but has no regrets .. It was an amazing stage .. Sky set a blistering pace up the Colle delle Finestre and Froome attacked on the slopes with 80km to go and was out on his own extending his lead to the finish .. got to be one of the greatest rides of recent times. He won the stage by over three minutes and leads the race by 40 secs . He also took the king of the mountains jersey too. He was 3.22 down at the beginning of the day !!

Amazing day’s racing .. two mins highlights video on link below

http://www.giroditalia.it/eng/

Return to “Other Betfair Sports Trading markets”