7 Day Totals

Any markets not covered in the other boards
max_usted

Isn't there a thread called 'Motivation P&Ls' or something like that, 'General Discussion' - and in which people post their monthly/weekly/etc P&Ls? Always interesting to see.
Halliday

MemphisFlash wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:20 pm
7 different days moron.
Please refrain from using such language,even supposing you know its meaning. Its a word that has no place in modern day language..Shame on you

Youve been shown in the past to have "faked"your P/L.

Your just not a very nice human being,end off.

enjoy your fantasy trading,and please no more abuse.
Derek27

max_usted wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:34 pm
Isn't there a thread called 'Motivation P&Ls' or something like that, 'General Discussion' - and in which people post their monthly/weekly/etc P&Ls? Always interesting to see.
I wasn't aware of one, but I'm sure most traders like me, regardless of how well you're doing, would consider P/L accounts to be extremely confidential and unwilling to disclose them. It's also pointless comparing P/Ls because trading is about making money for yourself rather than more money than fellow traders - it's not a competition.

Besides, I do a fair bit of arbing; the more I lose on Betfair, the more I've won with bookies. So I could easily post a £1000 Betfair profit for a day and hide the fact that I've actually lost an equal amount with bookies.
max_usted

Derek27 wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:49 pm
max_usted wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:34 pm
I wasn't aware of one, but I'm sure most traders like me, regardless of how well you're doing, would consider P/L accounts to be extremely confidential and unwilling to disclose them. It's also pointless comparing P/Ls because trading is about making money for yourself rather than more money than fellow traders - it's not a competition.

Besides, I do a fair bit of arbing; the more I lose on Betfair, the more I've won with bookies. So I could easily post a £1000 Betfair profit for a day and hide the fact that I've actually lost an equal amount with bookies.
It isn't a competition but it's nice to have something to compete with nevertheless (IMHO) as that means you stretch/push yourself more than you would otherwise.

Plus when you are only moderately profitable, but believe you are aware of the potential to be very profitable in the markets, it's nice to get confirmation that that potential does indeed exist via others' postings:)

Just in case interested, here's the thread:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9074&p=125032&hilit ... on#p125032

Definitely aware that arbing makes what should be a good P&L look far less good.
Derek27

I can see where you're coming from - I did once have a competition with a friend where we both started a separate Betfair account with £2, aiming to finish with £100 (I started by backing and laying big priced horses).

If I was competing in an 10,000 metre race it would help to have a companion I could compete against, however, if Mo Farah was in the race, it wouldn't be so helpful comparing his times to mine. :)

I don't really understand how you can push yourself when it comes to trading. You can't do bigger trades with the same capital. I believe the real benefit of this forum is to share experiences and techniques that may be useful to other traders.

By the way, when you're successful at arbing, it's usually the bookie that got it wrong, not the exchange. So it doesn't just reduce the premium charge you pay, it can completely eliminate the charge!
max_usted

Derek27 wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:23 am
I can see where you're coming from - I did once have a competition with a friend where we both started a separate Betfair account with £2, aiming to finish with £100 (I started by backing and laying big priced horses).

If I was competing in an 10,000 metre race it would help to have a companion I could compete against, however, if Mo Farah was in the race, it wouldn't be so helpful comparing his times to mine. :)

I don't really understand how you can push yourself when it comes to trading. You can't do bigger trades with the same capital. I believe the real benefit of this forum is to share experiences and techniques that may be useful to other traders.

By the way, when you're successful at arbing, it's usually the bookie that got it wrong, not the exchange. So it doesn't just reduce the premium charge you pay, it can completely eliminate the charge!
From my own experience, there are a number of situations in which I can become too conservative, and where it is helpful for me to keep on pushing myself to take on risk e.g. -
  • sticking with a particular favoured strategy that I feel comfortable with, so that I don't apply any others even when appropriate to do so
  • become more risk-averse and sitting on profit when I'm up during a particular day
Just anything that causes me to take a more conservative, risk-averse approach - sitting in your comfort-zone as opposed to taking opportunities as they come. Other people might not have these though.
BetScalper

I am not sure why MF posts anything to be honest as his previous threads were shown to be fake.

Maybe he is selling stuff on eBay and YouTube.
Euler

I can't comment on the motive for posting stuff, but I think people missed a trick. Tom's early stuff on Greyhounds was very insightful and led me to revisit my automation and it's been running every day since. That's allowed me to branch into similar illiquid markets which I had previously dismissed.
to75ne

BetScalper wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:41 pm
I am not sure why MF posts anything to be honest as his previous threads were shown to be fake.

Maybe he is selling stuff on eBay and YouTube.
how cruel :lol:
Abraquay

Agree with Euler on this one. Has led me to revisit my greyhound bot and look for opportunities where it could be used elsewhere.

Return to “Other Betfair Sports Trading markets”