Other markets : 7 Day Totals

Any markets not covered in the other boards
User avatar
MemphisFlash
Posts: 594
Joined: Fri May 16, 2014 10:12 pm
Location: Leicester

Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:49 pm

profit 2.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
MemphisFlash
Posts: 594
Joined: Fri May 16, 2014 10:12 pm
Location: Leicester

Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:51 pm

todays total. can you do better.
profit 2.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
LeTiss
Posts: 4168
Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 6:04 pm

Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:59 pm

Congratulations

I'm not sure what you're trying to achieve though by posting those results?

If you're applying to enter a dick swinging contest, then don't bother........there are plenty here with a bigger penis than that

convoysur-2
Posts: 1056
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:00 am

Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:02 pm

look if you want to post p&l to help someone ,or make a point, or ask questions or get help ,GREAT,
but ,your not ,your just posting to make your self feel good,
you are making money,great,thats what we are all doing and some are trying to do.
why dont you go down the local and tell the lads,because i doubt that your impressing anyone here,
why dont you help some new traders and show them how to make some profit like you do ? make a wee video or something,because posting your i love me photos inst helping anyone.
start a blog.maybe a subscription tipping or something.god knows theres room on the internet for another hero

User avatar
Crazyskier
Posts: 417
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2016 6:36 pm

Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:11 pm

MemphisFlash wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:58 pm
just thought i'd post my 7 Day total, Just showing i not only trade the Greyhounds but pretty much do anything i fancy
(except maybe cricket).
Anyone else care to share 7 Day totals?

7 days.JPG
MemphisFlash wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:20 pm
7 different days moron.
Well, I was tempted (though my achievements whilst consistent, are rather modest) until I saw the name-calling. The four words above tell everyone everything they need to know about the poster.

max_usted
Posts: 128
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:07 pm

Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:34 pm

Isn't there a thread called 'Motivation P&Ls' or something like that, 'General Discussion' - and in which people post their monthly/weekly/etc P&Ls? Always interesting to see.

Halliday
Posts: 327
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2016 3:40 pm

Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:34 pm

MemphisFlash wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:20 pm
7 different days moron.
Please refrain from using such language,even supposing you know its meaning. Its a word that has no place in modern day language..Shame on you

Youve been shown in the past to have "faked"your P/L.

Your just not a very nice human being,end off.

enjoy your fantasy trading,and please no more abuse.

Derek27
Posts: 2002
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:44 am
Location: UK

Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:49 pm

max_usted wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:34 pm
Isn't there a thread called 'Motivation P&Ls' or something like that, 'General Discussion' - and in which people post their monthly/weekly/etc P&Ls? Always interesting to see.
I wasn't aware of one, but I'm sure most traders like me, regardless of how well you're doing, would consider P/L accounts to be extremely confidential and unwilling to disclose them. It's also pointless comparing P/Ls because trading is about making money for yourself rather than more money than fellow traders - it's not a competition.

Besides, I do a fair bit of arbing; the more I lose on Betfair, the more I've won with bookies. So I could easily post a £1000 Betfair profit for a day and hide the fact that I've actually lost an equal amount with bookies.

max_usted
Posts: 128
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:07 pm

Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:55 am

Derek27 wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:49 pm
max_usted wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:34 pm
Isn't there a thread called 'Motivation P&Ls' or something like that, 'General Discussion' - and in which people post their monthly/weekly/etc P&Ls? Always interesting to see.
I wasn't aware of one, but I'm sure most traders like me, regardless of how well you're doing, would consider P/L accounts to be extremely confidential and unwilling to disclose them. It's also pointless comparing P/Ls because trading is about making money for yourself rather than more money than fellow traders - it's not a competition.

Besides, I do a fair bit of arbing; the more I lose on Betfair, the more I've won with bookies. So I could easily post a £1000 Betfair profit for a day and hide the fact that I've actually lost an equal amount with bookies.
It isn't a competition but it's nice to have something to compete with nevertheless (IMHO) as that means you stretch/push yourself more than you would otherwise.

Plus when you are only moderately profitable, but believe you are aware of the potential to be very profitable in the markets, it's nice to get confirmation that that potential does indeed exist via others' postings:)

Just in case interested, here's the thread:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9074&p=125032&hilit ... on#p125032

Definitely aware that arbing makes what should be a good P&L look far less good.

Derek27
Posts: 2002
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:44 am
Location: UK

Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:23 am

I can see where you're coming from - I did once have a competition with a friend where we both started a separate Betfair account with £2, aiming to finish with £100 (I started by backing and laying big priced horses).

If I was competing in an 10,000 metre race it would help to have a companion I could compete against, however, if Mo Farah was in the race, it wouldn't be so helpful comparing his times to mine. :)

I don't really understand how you can push yourself when it comes to trading. You can't do bigger trades with the same capital. I believe the real benefit of this forum is to share experiences and techniques that may be useful to other traders.

By the way, when you're successful at arbing, it's usually the bookie that got it wrong, not the exchange. So it doesn't just reduce the premium charge you pay, it can completely eliminate the charge!

Post Reply

Return to “Other markets”

  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest