Any markets not covered in the other boards
Archangel

stueytrader wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 8:57 am
ShaunWhite wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:04 pm
SeaHorseRacing wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:45 pm
I am also a believer in watching sporting events when you are betting has nothing but a negative impact.

watching a sporting event usually implements the meaning of wanting your horse or team to win on order for you to get paid.

Interesting points about emotions, though perhaps we shouldn't also forget that sometimes markets are 'emotion-based' too. i.e. other punters moving markets based emotionally.
Aren't all markets based on emotions in the sense that it's just the opinions of people if what the price 'should ' be.
I guess it also depends on how efficient the market is. There will always be opportunities where there are inefficient prices
stueytrader

I suppose it depends also how we define 'emotion', but generally I agree with that point above.
ShaunWhite

Dunno where you got that quote above from, I've never said that.
'Emotion' in my style of trading is totally irrellevent, mine or the punters'. It doesn't interest me at all.
stueytrader

But, I think the point is that more mechanical statistical factors (as I presume you mean) may often be underpinned by emotion in the market.

As I say it depends how we define emotion - one way is simply 'the decisions made by individual investors' or the 'process and goals' or 'reasons' they make each action. Not quite the same as 'tears of happiness and joy' for another definition :D
stueytrader

Still fair enough to decide that you don't have interest in any of those factors though, and simply trade numbers of course.

Return to “Other Betfair Sports Trading markets”