Cycling - Interesting article on the world of tipsters

Any markets not covered in the other boards
sionascaig

http://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/lates ... ers-368332

From my brief forays into betfair exchange cycling markets was surprised at the lack of liquidity given how popular cycling is... Certainly think its worth keeping an open mind though for the grand tours - 3 weeks of intense competition and literally anything can happen... How you can have a short priced favourite I just don't understand )
ShaunWhite

sionascaig wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:20 pm
http://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/lates ... ers-368332

From my brief forays into betfair exchange cycling markets was surprised at the lack of liquidity given how popular cycling is... Certainly think its worth keeping an open mind though for the grand tours - 3 weeks of intense competition and literally anything can happen... How you can have a short priced favourite I just don't understand )
Is cycling popular? You get a few spectators who walk to the end of their driveway to watch it but I don't think it gets a very big tv audience, which must be the ultimate arbitor of popularity. I also get the feeling that the vast majority of people interested in cycling are clean living types, so not your ideal betting crowd.

If you can't understand why something is too short, then there's an obvious course of action to take?
spreadbetting

Cycling is certainly a popular sport, I just don't think it lends itself to being a spectator sport though. My old man was a member of many cycling clubs and I don't ever remember him going to watch a race in person or on TV.
ShaunWhite

spreadbetting wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:02 pm
Cycling is certainly a popular sport, I just don't think it lends itself to being a spectator sport though. My old man was a member of many cycling clubs and I don't ever remember him going to watch a race in person or on TV.
Exactly, it's a popular activity but not popular as a sport, a bit like fishing or bowling.
Derek27

If I was bed-ridden I could quite happily watch each stage of the Tour de France from start to finish. But otherwise, who's got the time to watch a six-hour race?
ruthlessimon

ShaunWhite wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:23 pm
the vast majority of people interested in cycling are clean living types, so not your ideal betting crowd.
:lol:

It's a shame they don't have markets for criteriums - maybe even local ones, I'd have insider knowledge for those races :D (they really do remind me of horse races). And it's certainly more spectator friendly as the track is short & enclosed. Once the race starts, form is out the window & it's down to the strongest & smartest rider

Return to “Other Betfair Sports Trading markets”