F1 Trading

Any markets not covered in the other boards
Online Trader

Can't find any threads for this so I have started one :D

Barcelona this weekend

Just started to look at this as the market starts to develop and have a trade lined up already for Overall Qualifying Winner

Have Backed Jenson Button @ 15.5 with a view to trading out after Q2 as I am confident that he will make it into Q3, his price looks wrong to me as Hamilton is @ 6.8, Button has out qualified Hamilton in 3 of the 4 GP's so far..

Will be back later in the week with a few more possible trades as I have managed to do quite well in this market, in play it is a very good market to trade as it moves around quite a lot and if you can keep in front of the masses then you are onto a winner ;)
Online Trader

Interesting 1st practice session in Spain

Button is second fastest behind Hamilton... his price has come in to 12.5 but there is not a lot of liquidity in th emrket and all of the money is sitting on the back side
Practice 2 is @ 2:00pm if he does well in that then a trade out may be on the cards ;)
PeterLe

Hi OT
Have you checked out the BA blog :-

http://www.betangel.com/blog_wp/tag/formula-1/

There are some comments re F1 trading..you might find interesting
Regards
Peter
Online Trader

Thanks Peter :)
Online Trader

So practice 2 ends with the Red Bulls performing well, Jenson goes out to 20 and I have topped up my position.. we all know that practice sessions are not always the true indicator as to what will happen in qualifying.. I just hope I have got this one right ;)
Online Trader

Well I didn't and there was never any doubt that Red Bull would have a car on the front of the grid, no money for Jenson and the market got it 100% right :cry:

Onwards and upwards now for tommorow, I will take a look at what the overall winner market has to offer and stick my thoughts up here :)
peejay

How can you trade on a sport like this when Ferrari decide which driver wins the race. I had backed Massa and layed Alonso with profit on both with a view to later trading out at the time of the team announcement and suddenly it all went haywire! Betfair pay out on the podium finish and I don't think Ferrari will be reimbursing me!
LeTiss

peejay wrote:How can you trade on a sport like this when Ferrari decide which driver wins the race. I had backed Massa and layed Alonso with profit on both with a view to later trading out at the time of the team announcement and suddenly it all went haywire! Betfair pay out on the podium finish and I don't think Ferrari will be reimbursing me!
I stopped taking an interest years and years ago when Coulthard stepped aside to allow Hakkinen to win.
Online Trader

It's a bit like trading in horse races when there is a Barney Curly Runner :D
Mike_IG

peejay wrote:How can you trade on a sport like this when Ferrari decide which driver wins the race. I had backed Massa and layed Alonso with profit on both with a view to later trading out at the time of the team announcement and suddenly it all went haywire! Betfair pay out on the podium finish and I don't think Ferrari will be reimbursing me!
There was still plenty of time to profit from it though, when they played the radio message on tv the price on Alonso dropped but was still a big ish price of 1.7+ and as soon as Alonso took the lead it was around 1.06 but that happened over 1min later, that was the easiest trade of the day by far.
petardo

Layed Vettel in 3.05 It`s should be rain in Sunday in Singapore.Looking to back in 5
petardo

petardo wrote:Layed Vettel in 3.05 It`s should be rain in Sunday in Singapore.Looking to back in 5
Closed 4.4 before 30 min before start :D
LeTiss

petardo wrote:
petardo wrote:Layed Vettel in 3.05 It`s should be rain in Sunday in Singapore.Looking to back in 5
Closed 4.4 before 30 min before start :D
Nice one

I haven't looked at F1 for ages, but Guardian's volume column opened my eyes to the liquidity, so got involved

Had a nice touch on Alonso to be leading after lap 1 - made £12 there, but lost £3 on race winner

Still, I'm happy enough with my £9 :lol:
BennyBlanco

I've been looking at F1 trading this year (but actually have done none)!

But did have a look at the Button start in Italy based on the fact that he had better down force and thus more traction. My idea was to back pre-off and lay after first corner... watched the prices and he went from 4.8 to around evens in that time! It calculated at £132 profit off £100 trade... Wish I did it now! Just one for the mix!
oddstrader

Great end to the 2010 F1 season, had a very lucky speculative lay on Alonso(was banking on torro rosso/renault causing trouble for him at the pit stops, but in the end ferrari killed off their own chance)... who got passed in the first corner - the trade went immediately green and as the race progressed his title chances faded away very quickly but i find F1 very difficult to profit on so this only paid back some of the previous reds. Well done Vettel and well done Red Bull ! was a vintage season.

Return to “Other Betfair Sports Trading markets”