Strictly come dancing 2018

Any markets not covered in the other boards
spreadbetting

Even Big Brother used to have decent liquidity, these days the amounts on offer are pathetic. Only £88K matched on the Big Brother market in 4(?) weeks for this year. The specials markets used to be easy money but I just don't bother with them these days , there's far too little money either side of the spread and the time spent checking the market/show isn't worth the effort for me anymore. I'd guess there's still half decent money to be made for anyone who actually keeps abreast of, or interested in, the shows and understands how to make a market though.

Just had a look at the SCD 3rd elimination market as people are saying 2.7 is available and fair enough 2.7 is on offer to a mighty £6
Untitled.png
ShaunWhite

MemphisFlash wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:57 am
you watch some sad shit. bet you even watch the X factor
No, not watched it for years, it's too formulaic. Yes it's some 'sad shit' but if you also watch/read/listen to a lot of serious stuff, then sometimes you need an antidote. It's also not just about watching what I want to watch either, it's about engaging in things other people in the family like too. It's sociable telly you can talk about around the dinner table.

The markets for them are a lot weaker then they were, so I only have a small interest... not everything I do has to revolve around money so I'd watch them even if there wasn't a market. It makes a nice change from human suffering and planetary destruction.
JTEDL

You're right, weak market, might be bit more money Saturday evening, some of the bookies are offering a measly 2.25 for next elimination.
ruthlessimon

Dallas wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:09 pm
I watch it every week and not missed an episode since around 2007
:shock: :)

My family think I'm this psychic - whenever there's a final vote I'll pop in 5mins early & tell em who's gonna win. There's just enough gap between the market getting suspended & TV delay :D

They were super impressed when I got the Voice winner right!
ShaunWhite

ruthlessimon wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:28 pm
Dallas wrote:

My family think I'm this psychic - whenever there's a final vote I'll pop in 5mins early & tell em who's gonna win. There's just enough gap between the market getting suspended & TV delay :D

Obv only works with a live vote, Strictly result is known at about 10pm on Saturday night.
ruthlessimon

ShaunWhite wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:42 pm
Obv only works with a live vote, Strictly result is known at about 10pm on Saturday night.
Yah final only.

Defo got the Voice winner (cos my family backed Donel; then I roll in & tell em they're all wrong - which they still remember :lol: ), & pretty sure the other one was SCD 2017
Dallas

ruthlessimon wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:28 pm
Dallas wrote:

I've not actually bothered with trading the Specials for a few years now except for CBB which I still dabble in every now and then or should I say did!
Euler

I've traded special markets less in recent years, but always have fun at Eurovision.

I've become interested in this market based upon the unfolding situation with Walsh. You wouldn't think he would be getting any votes from women on the next round.
ShaunWhite

Euler wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:10 pm
I've traded special markets less in recent years, but always have fun at Eurovision.

I've become interested in this market based upon the unfolding situation with Walsh. You wouldn't think he would be getting any votes from women on the next round.
You'd be suprised. On the daytime TV I've seen opinion is divided with lots saying it's no big deal. Not all women are uptight and unrealistic about how life is. Statistically women are more unfaithful than men too, but bloke culture creates an impression that they're all prudish and frail.
MemphisFlash

who thinks seann and katya will be leaving now, not me after bbc swept it under the carpet.
I think katie piper will be the one to go. her jive was bad.
spreadbetting

They film the knock out on Saturday night so the result is already known, I won't spoil it by posting as it'd ruin Shaun's week.
ShaunWhite

The result is on the net from about 10pm on Saturday, I'm savvy about avoiding spoilers sb, esp opening a SCD thread on a Sunday afternoon!

I knew you'd know a good jive from a bad one Memphis :D I thought she was doing keepy-uppys. :?
JTEDL

'dance of shame' :lol: Right result, he danced well and didn't deserve to go, hope the BBC aren't fixing the show again haha!
Dallas

JTEDL wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:17 pm
'dance of shame' :lol: Right result, he danced well and didn't deserve to go, hope the BBC aren't fixing the show again haha!
I did read somewhere this morning the viewing figs where over 11m for Saturday, I'm not sure what they normally are but expect thats well up compared to regular weeks
JTEDL

Yeah saw that, I am sure the TV companies love stuff like last week, as increases viewing figures.

Return to “Other Betfair Sports Trading markets”