NBA

Any markets not covered in the other boards
Emmson

Bank Building through small consistent wins on NBA games, I'll take until the cows come home.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

Any chance you could post a few of the BF charts?

Would be interested to see and get an idea of the price swings that occur
Emmson

Dallas wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:27 am

I will try, regularly massive swings on NBA games, similar to T20 Cricket. Prices overshooting the runway over and over.
Emmson

Dallas wrote:

The very next game I moved onto.

Can easily see Utah Jazz come way back in from their current 3.80ish of 1/2 time as Toronto played last night and there is a tendancy for teams who played the previous night to run out of gas in 2nd 1/2, especially on road games.

EDIT Or maybe not Toronto Raptors just too good, running away with another game.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Emmson

Pleasure watching Golden State Warriors always, nabbing any kind of profit makes it more worthwhile.
Emmson

Only 4 games tonight and none of them are enticing :cry: probably focus on Milwaukee Bucks at Portland to try and nab whatever I can. 3.00am start
Emmson

Ugh horrible game to trade. Hawks v Hornets
Emmson

Will plod on this way rest of season, I know it will break down if I try and look for bigger wins.
ec0n0mist

Dallas wrote:

I'm on NBA most nights. Will try to post a few.

The most volatile moves occur in the 4th quarter. For example, a mere turnover during this period can cause 5-20% swings (even up to 30% in the final 2 mins). To give some context, a 2 point shot moves approx. 4-7 ticks in the 1st Q, and a 3 pointer moves 6-9 ticks.

It's a nice sport to swing trade between quarters (12 mins per Q). However, if you're looking to trade manually between points, this gets a little trickier. You're fighting a 2 front-war. One with liquidity and the other against the insane transmission delays. These delays used to only be around 1-2 secs up until 2016. 2017/18 season got worse, featuring ca. 5-8 sec delays. If you're watching on Bet365, it can get even more ridiculous; up to 25 sec delays are common. Not all games are shown on Betfair these days. I don't know if they're working on a shoe string budget the last two years or what but I've noticed this with tennis also (esp. WTA). As for cutting off the live-streams in the midst of a game (around midnight). What's that about? lol! - Anyways, just be aware that this occurs in NBA also, especially on Saturday and Sunday games that commence after 9pm GMT
Emmson

You're fighting a 2 front-war. One with liquidity and the other against the insane transmission delays
Definitely! that is whyI aim for small wins, time outs are useful
ec0n0mist

MIL vs LAC @ half time: 64-62
ec0n0mist

MIL vs LAC, end of 3Q: 84-89
ec0n0mist

MIL vs LAC, end of 4Q and goes into overtime: 119-119
ec0n0mist

Nice little double bottom in BOS v POR game.

Coaching staff and player roster in the Celtics corner are a loaded bunch. They rarely lay down without a fight when facing double digit deficits (home or away).

5 mins to go.. Triple bottom opportunity in the works?
ec0n0mist

Another dramatic finish with KD fouling out down the wire.

Clippers win back-to-back in OT (overtime). GSW - LAC : 116-121

Return to “Other Betfair Sports Trading markets”