I'm a Celebrity 2018

Any markets not covered in the other boards
ShaunWhite

spreadbetting wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:57 pm
Edmonds knows TV inside out, might be an arrogant tw@ when it comes to a race but he knows to reign it in on a reality show.
He'll be the consumate pro I'm sure, but he's marmite and i'm not sure just being a smooth operator works in the 2010's like it did in the 90s.

btw is IAC a vote to evict or a vote to save?
Jukebox wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:17 pm
The demographics of the voting audience in possibly not as young as one might imagine - Foggarty and Tufnell victories among others suggest its not all made up of twenty somethings voting for popstars, eyecandy and reality starlets.
It does throw up some odd ones, didn't Tony Blackburn win one time too? The last 3 have been lasses from reality, but probably bigger characters than Emily.
spreadbetting

ShaunWhite wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:20 pm

Always vote to save when they start dumping people from the show, Celeb voting is always to save on reality shows , celebs are so 'precious' they wouldn't appear if they thought people were voting because they didn't like them :)

I think the voting demographic and viewing demographic are two different things these days, with votes coming thru via the app rather than with the bill payers permission, almost as different as the betting demographic and voting demographic .
SeaHorseRacing

spreadbetting wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:02 pm
ShaunWhite wrote:

Always vote to save when they start dumping people from the show, Celeb voting is always to save on reality shows , celebs are so 'precious' they wouldn't appear if they thought people were voting because they didn't like them :)

I think the voting demographic and viewing demographic are two different things these days, with votes coming thru via the app rather than with the bill payers permission, almost as different as the betting demographic and voting demographic .
The reason you always vote to save is because it will produce more votes- thus more profit. Rather then voting on who to leave as this will most of the time produce less votes.
CallumPerry

SeaHorseRacing wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:03 pm
spreadbetting wrote:
ShaunWhite wrote:

The reason you always vote to save is because it will produce more votes- thus more profit. Rather then voting on who to leave as this will most of the time produce less votes.
I was just about to comment this. I think Big Brother did it years ago when reality tv was new and then it became obvious more money could be made so every reality show votes to save now. Always a money reason. On a side note: I miss Ant :(
spreadbetting

Big brother runs to a different format than celeb where you don't have the field up for eviction in the early rounds. For non-celebs those evictions are vote to evict whereas with BB celebs it's always to save.
LeTiss

Massive money today on John Barrowman?

Why? - are people privvy to him being given excellent coverage tonight? ;)
PDC

SeaHorseRacing wrote:
Voting is free now via the app and has been for a few series, you can call but most people vote via the app now.
Jukebox

spreadbetting wrote:
Its a good point and goes somewhat to explain the shift to winners with large social media followings. Barrowman has nearly 500k twitter followers to Atack's 120k and East's 240k

I'm not sure if 'arry knows what a tweet is. It might make him a good lay at current prices.
SeaHorseRacing

PDC wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:29 pm
SeaHorseRacing wrote:
Voting is free now via the app and has been for a few series, you can call but most people vote via the app now.
Adds making them a fortune. Every time you use your free vote... you see an advert.. hence why these app like the xfactor app give you 5 free votes... that 5 adverts you view.

More money they can charge to advertisers due to clicks etc.
LeTiss

The surge on John Barrowman was a successful one - big money arrived at 5.1 yesterday, and he was backed all the way to 3.50

I can only assume, people had already cottoned on to him winning 10 stars, and therefore looking a good guy.

It's worth looking out for the I'm a Celebrity twitter feed, as they do give little teasers way before the show is aired
PDC

PDC wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:51 am
I think John Barrowman will be a clear favourite with the viewers, at least early on. He is hilarious and really gets into it on shows like Celebrity Juice and a real fan favourite so the entrance show and early shows before reality hits he is likely to be extremely entertaining.
Market is going very well so far, I am now starting to position against John, as people get tired and hungry they will start to rubbed up the wrong way by him and if you watch Extra camp it has been covered on there quite a bit that he has one hell of a temper on him and can explode. Also last night his partner was saying he was amazed how well he is taking living as they do as he hates it at home and in his words, John's idea of camping is staying in a Premier Inn.

Also I think because John did so well in the trial yesterday showing no fear the viewers won't vote him to do trials as they like to see people suffer and not win 10 stars. So John won't get much more of an outing for trial I suspect.

Also the format now Noel is in is designed to cause tension, again revealed on last nights Extra Camp.

Ann was a crazy price, people are pussy footing around her far too much and she will start to annoy people as she doesn't pull her weight around camp (pun intended) and that she is having to be 'medically exempt' from so many trial due to how fat she is, they won't most likely say anything to her face but behind her back when fetching logs etc which will damage people from a viewers point as they will see it as calling her names behind her back and the public seems to like Ann far too much.

I haven't seen who Noel is protecting with his new power but I suspect Ann will be as he will know her and will want her intelligence in his team.

There were hints last night, for example from Fleur, at people starting to get annoyed with Nick already as he is dominating the cooking and being seen as taking over that area which is always an area of contention.

Emily is coming across well and I think she will entertain the viewers a lot, she was a screamer in the trials she has been involved in so far which is likely to lead to doing more. She is popular with the other camp mates and seems to like to get stuck in and help out around camp and mixed in with her new camp effortlessly and as said on Extra Camp last night, although only in for 1/2 a day more she isn't seen as an outsider like the others are.

Harry is also doing a good job and is being entertaining and seems to be liked by all his other camp mates. I think he will lose his temper at some point with at least one person, he is no shrinking violet and will let others know his opinions, some of which are likely to not be PC.

I really don't understand why Malique is such a huge price and I am building a position on him. He was a screamer in the trials but gets the job done, viewers love that. He has a young child which will pull on the sympathy strings as we go further in and he misses the child. He is also bonding with both the other youngsters but also the others like Nick, as Nick said he was the one he had bonded with most and on 2 levels, one as seeing him like his child but also on the fact they both have young children. Also he is physically fit and likes to do PT around camp, again all things that will help with other camp mates and viewers. And finally he is on an extremly TV show which trends most days of the week on twitter and is viewed by the exact same group of people who are all over smart phones/apps and watch this show, add in the fact his entire cast are going to be supporting him on social media and it makes for a great opportunity for his price to shorten considerably.

Tonight should be very good viewing with Emperor Noel entering the fray :)
jimibt

PDC wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:52 pm
Tonight should be very good viewing with Emperor Noel entering the fray :)
i thought it was Emporor Rosco? no? - i'll get me coat... :D
Dallas

I still don't see why Sair or Malique have drifted so far, apart from neither has had hardly any air time
Malique especially you would expect to have a solid voting fanbase
PDC

Sair I don't see bringing much to the table and as such she won't get much air time. She is going to be over shadowed by many others. I also don't think her voter base is anywhere near the size of Malique's.

James's price puzzles me, he is in a boy band but I just don't see viewers warming to him he is doing very little to entertain I feel.

The weather is another interesting element, the weather yesterday was horrible all day including during Noel's entrance and there were a few shocked faces to see Noel and I see big rifts being caused by Noel. I think he is really going to send the show in a new direction from the current love in. Also Noel has a huge following.
ShaunWhite

Dallas wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:08 pm
I still don't see why Sair or Malique have drifted so far, apart from neither has had hardly any air time
Malique especially you would expect to have a solid voting fanbase
You don't pay someone 15 grand (Malique) if they have a big fan base, I think Kiosk Kev is on more than that. :)

Return to “Other Betfair Sports Trading markets”