I'm a Celebrity 2018

Any markets not covered in the other boards
Dallas

LeTiss wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:05 pm
Dallas wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:03 pm
And for Noel backers, as he just touched 30s briefly from a low of 9.2 moments after the show started
I layed him at 10.00 :D

I thought he might drift, as he's such an arrogant prick.
Good call :)

I ummed and ared too much and he was mid-teens before I eventually made up my mind
spreadbetting

Dallas wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:25 pm
Don't think anyone was expecting him to be the big shortener of the night
He has the potential to go odds on very quickly especially if he does well in tonights task but there's a long way to go and if he goes near odds on I'll be laying him again. Laid him at 3.15 last night, may have jumped in too early but didn't want to miss out on those low odds as I'd laid Barrowman 3.6 at the start of the show. There are always decent swings in these markets from show to show so no need to pick the winner or hold onto positions for too long. I learnt a long time ago how fickle the public is with reality shows and it's a lot easier to take advantage of the people going out of favour quickly than picking a winner.
spreadbetting

Dallas wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:15 pm
LeTiss wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:05 pm
Dallas wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:03 pm
And for Noel backers, as he just touched 30s briefly from a low of 9.2 moments after the show started
I layed him at 10.00 :D

I thought he might drift, as he's such an arrogant prick.
Good call :)

I ummed and ared too much and he was mid-teens before I eventually made up my mind
I wouldn't write of Noel just yet he's very much the panto villian and certainly got the potential to go single figures within the week.
PDC

spreadbetting wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:51 pm
He has the potential to go odds on very quickly especially if he does well in tonights task
Harry's roll in tonight's trial is small and won't feature that much in the edit I suspect, council is now two people stronger when they decide who to pick and from footage looks like Harry's roll is small. With John and Emily doing the trial along with the two picked in last nights show it is really going to focus on them as the 4 doing it are all good entertainment value. I am also building my position against Harry now though would not be surprised to see him shorten up a bit from where he is. Tonight John and Emily I think will be the shorteners from the trial, I suspect they win.

If John and Emily win tonight I think that will help Harry but if he doesn't I think John and some of the others have potential to start getting annoyed with Harry and Noel more than they were last night.

There is so long to go in the show still it is important not to forget.
Dallas

Tricky to decide whether to order a take away while this is on or wait till afterwards
Dallas

Another series of big back bets during tonight's show pushed Redknapp from 2s to as low as 1.66
LeTiss

I think the biggest concern for John Barrowman and Nick Knowles, is that their 'Just for Men' top up might let them down before they get eliminated
ShaunWhite

LeTiss wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:23 am
I think the biggest concern for John Barrowman and Nick Knowles, is that their 'Just for Men' top up might let them down before they get eliminated
:D Maybe they can win some Grecian 2000 from kiosk kev.
Crazyskier

ShaunWhite wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:33 pm
LeTiss wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:23 am
:D Maybe they can win some Grecian 2000 from kiosk kev.
I'm still lamenting the fact that they replaced Kiosk Keith :roll:
LeTiss

I posted a tweet yesterday, questioning the potential betting scandal of this show!

Who gets access to the edited show before it gets aired?

Yesterday, Redknapp drifted quite significantly and Knowles/Atack both shortened - low and behold that was reflected in the show we saw, and those prices hardened even more

It felt as though somebody was playing the markets that has behind the scenes access
Euler

I'd imagine somebody in the editing room is acting on that footage or leaking it perhaps?
LeTiss

Euler wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:45 am
I'd imagine somebody in the editing room is acting on that footage or leaking it perhaps?
Yes. It shows how these markets should be traded with caution though, Peter

It's not like studying form is it? - the prices can be manipulated quite heavily by ITV's editing
jimibt

what you probably know already is that due to the time difference (10 hrs), the edits are taking place somewhere between 13:00 and 18:00 on the day of transmission, so you might want to monitor the prices inside that time window for *hints* ;)
ShaunWhite

LeTiss wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:16 am
I posted a tweet yesterday, questioning the potential betting scandal of this show!

Who gets access to the edited show before it gets aired?

It felt as though somebody was playing the markets that has behind the scenes access
I find this comment a bit strange coming from someone as cunning and experienced as you, is acting on faster info a scandal?.

The tv show is only a replay of a 'match' that happened 12 hrs ago so dozens of people all with friends and family know what's happened and what's likely to air, plus the producers have the narrative planned for days ahead. If people are betting on a tv replay then why's that any concern of the production company? That's why it's a novely market for a fun bet, not business proposition.

Perhaps BF should treat it like the SCD market, suspend it while the action is being filmed, and then reopen it after it's been aired?
LeTiss

I'm not saying I didn't take advantage :lol: :lol:

Return to “Other Betfair Sports Trading markets”