SPOTY 2018

Any markets not covered in the other boards
Crazyskier

Derek27 wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:54 pm
Unless you can prove that a) god exists and b) that he has an authority over us (a lot of people don't even consider the second point) it's best to keep offensive god-driven views to within your own circle.

It's possible to not believe in god but still respect other people's religions, but it's hard to respect someone's religion when it comes with such discriminative beliefs attached.
Look, I don't wish to derail the thread, but Derek, are you aware that most of the Commonwealth nations still outlaw sodomy and for good reason? Faithful or faithless, you can't suggest that it's natural and to be condoned? We tolerate it as it's now legal here, but please don't try to tell others that we must somehow approve or even celebrate buggery.

CS
jimibt

Crazyskier wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:40 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Unless you can prove that a) god exists and b) that he has an authority over us (a lot of people don't even consider the second point) it's best to keep offensive god-driven views to within your own circle.

It's possible to not believe in god but still respect other people's religions, but it's hard to respect someone's religion when it comes with such discriminative beliefs attached.
Look, I don't wish to derail the thread, but Derek, are you aware that most of the Commonwealth nations still outlaw sodomy and for good reason? Faithful or faithless, you can't suggest that it's natural and to be condoned? We tolerate it as it's now legal here, but please don't try to tell others that we must somehow approve or even celebrate buggery.

CS
you know it's weird. i honestly never think about what someone else may do in the privacy of their own surrounds, it's just a facet of who we are but is not our sole identity. some of the weird *hetro* acts that i got up to in my youth would no doubt be frowned upon by those on the higher moral ground. but hey ho i'd never preach about my own freedoms of expression on that one. CS - don't wish to derail this either but we all need to move toward a more tolerant and inclusive society, otherwise we will revert to cave clubbing and knuckle dragging... your use of outmoded terms is of course a completely legitimate way to express your own fears etc also and i'd never stop anyone from expressing themselves similarly.
Derek27

Crazyskier wrote:
Derek27 wrote:

CS
I really could not care any less what people do in their own privacy (I think the thread is over anyway), I don't promote or celebrate it but neither would I discriminate against it. You could argue that alcohol is unnatural and banned in some parts of the world, but rather than blindly follow what other countries do we're several steps ahead of them.
spreadbetting

Lol, I never realised people held such outdated views, the older you get the less you care what consenting adults get up to.

Here's the wiki entry, let's hope crazyskier has his cross and holy water handy as it seems 51% are celebrating and engaging in buggery :o
Because most research on anal intercourse addresses men who have sex with men, little data exists on the prevalence of anal intercourse among heterosexual couples.[6][51] In Kimberly R. McBride's 2010 clinical review on heterosexual anal intercourse and other forms of anal sexual activity, it is suggested that changing norms may affect the frequency of heterosexual anal sex. McBride and her colleagues investigated the prevalence of non-intercourse anal sex behaviors among a sample of men (n=1,299) and women (n=1,919) compared to anal intercourse experience and found that 51% of men and 43% of women had participated in at least one act of oral–anal sex, manual–anal sex, or anal sex toy use.[6] The report states the majority of men (n=631) and women (n=856) who reported heterosexual anal intercourse in the past 12 months were in exclusive, monogamous relationships: 69% and 73%, respectively.[6]
annuity

Crazyskier wrote:
Derek27 wrote:

CS
Man made religion is far more harmfull to society than pretty much anything i can think of, especially people engaging in anal sex in the privacy of their own homes. The world would be an infinitely better place without apparently intelligent people following the ridiculous nonsense man made religion teaches but alas i don't believe we'll ever be rid of it's dark cloud over humanity.

Not to mention outlawing anything never stopped people doing it.
Crazyskier

annuity wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:21 pm

Man made religion is far more harmfull to society than pretty much anything i can think of, especially people engaging in anal sex in the privacy of their own homes. The world would be an infinitely better place without apparently intelligent people following the ridiculous nonsense man made religion teaches but alas i don't believe we'll ever be rid of it's dark cloud over humanity.
OUCH! Hard to know where to start with this comment... I can't help wondering how much theological research you have actually done before arriving at such an absolute conclusion? Or could it be the usual lazy rinse and repeat what you've read somewhere else and couldn't be bothered to research talking here?

I humbly suggest you try the Bible for inspiration; or at least to comprehend the concept of FAITH. That and the faith-based charities help literally billions of people daily, all over this planet.

Anyway, we'll all know for sure, soon enough, friend. I'll say no more on this thread as I think Pat has understood my original point about tolerance not necessarily being approval.

And even to those not celebrating the birth of Christ 2018 years ago, Merry Christmas, one and all.

CS
ruthlessimon

Trader Pat

You leave the thread alone for a few days and everybody becomes obsessed with anal! :D

I remember when Stephen Fry was doing one of his tv shows he said that the thought of sticking his wotsit up a mans backside disgusted him so I suppose being gay just like being straight or bi or whatever other new persuasions there are this week isnt all about sex.

On that bumshell Merry Christmas to you and yours too CS, have a good one
annuity

Crazyskier wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:18 pm
annuity wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:21 pm

OUCH! Hard to know where to start with this comment... I can't help wondering how much theological research you have actually done before arriving at such an absolute conclusion? Or could it be the usual lazy rinse and repeat what you've read somewhere else and couldn't be bothered to research talking here?

I humbly suggest you try the Bible for inspiration; or at least to comprehend the concept of FAITH. That and the faith-based charities help literally billions of people daily, all over this planet.

Anyway, we'll all know for sure, soon enough, friend. I'll say no more on this thread as I think Pat has understood my original point about tolerance not necessarily being approval.

And even to those not celebrating the birth of Christ 2018 years ago, Merry Christmas, one and all.

CS
But there's not only the Bible is there. What about The Quran, The Vedas, Tripitaka, Guru Granth Sahib, Kitáb-i-Aqdas, Agam Sutras, Kojiki and Avesta to name but a few. All equally as important as your book to people depending on where you we're raised on the planet and predominantly your families believes. All complete man made works of fiction. Only an indoctrinated fool would think otherwise.

The Universe is an amazing place and we'll simply never know why anything exists. The idea that people thousands of years ago did know, is laughable.

Nobody knows what happens to us when we die but the laws of Physics and Thermodynamics suggest nothingness, which is exactly the state we we're in before we we're conceived so i'm happy to go with that. We'll be dead anyway so who cares.

Heaven and Hell. God and the Devil. How old are you. Grow up.
ShaunWhite

Fyi CS. There's nowhere in the Bible where Jesus asked his followers to celebrate his 'birthday'. The hardcore religious types I know (witnesses) don't celebrate Xmas or Easter as they believe them to be massively contaminated with Pagen rituals.

As far as they're concerned you're no better than the rest of us.

I don't 'do' religion for scientific reasons. There are iro 4200 recognized religions and faith groups listed globally. With no form to go on whatsoever, the chance of any of them being 'the word' is slim to none. That makes 'none of the above' the value bet.

Luckily we can all believe what we want in this country so long as it doesn't do any harm to others by their deeds or words.
ShaunWhite

If 'God' doesn't approve of homosexuals, why does he employ so many in middle management jobs?

Is anyone running a book on Omniscient Personality Of The Year?Mohammed has had a strong year, lots of controversy and outspoken too. He's got millions of fans on social media, the one to watch I think. I don't feel Christiano 'God' has really much for his fans this time round.
jimibt

ShaunWhite wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:11 pm
If 'God' doesn't approve of homosexuals, why does he employ so many in middle management jobs?

Is anyone running a book on Omniscient Personality Of The Year?Mohammed has had a strong year, lots of controversy and outspoken too. He's got millions of fans on social media, the one to watch I think. I don't feel Christiano 'God' has really much for his fans this time round.
i just think the buddha is weiser!! - ok,i'll get me cassock!!
SeaHorseRacing

How has this topic got to religion?
spreadbetting

I blame you and your admiration for God fearing Fury :o Crazyskier then steered the ship to sodomy in line with most Christian's fixations on the subject.
Emmson

Ben Stokes sub 3s for this years! :o actually I can see why, people love a redemption story.

Return to “Other Betfair Sports Trading markets”