SPOTY 2018

Any markets not covered in the other boards
Dallas

A fairly wide open market this year
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Trader Pat

Amazed Tyson Fury is so short, if he was to win it the fallout would be huge would be riots on the streets :D

Seriously though SPOTY winners are usually all pretty vanilla when it comes to their opinions on social issues etc...
MemphisFlash

lewis hamilton will win again. Most world championships from a british driver
ruthlessimon

I want Harry to win it - just for the speech :D
Derek27

Trader Pat wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:15 pm
Amazed Tyson Fury is so short, if he was to win it the fallout would be huge would be riots on the streets :D

Seriously though SPOTY winners are usually all pretty vanilla when it comes to their opinions on social issues etc...
Surely if you offend women that's almost half your votes lost, assuming it's decided by public vote.
Kafkaesque

MemphisFlash wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:33 pm
lewis hamilton will win again. Most world championships from a british driver
With the amount of publicity on the subject in the last year (or two though less relevant here), I would think his tax situation would count hugely against him. Looks well short to me on that basis.
Dallas

I'm surprised to see LH is actually there
SeaHorseRacing

I know there’s a lot of PC idiots on here! So I know what’s coming!

I swear if Tyson Fury doesn’t win SPOTY it would be a fix!

Let alone his achievements he’s the only one with Personality on the list!

Haters keep it to yourself!
Dallas

Kane now into 2.14 from just over 3s an hour ago
SeaHorseRacing

No even in the top 6.

Absolute joke. I guess the cripple wins because it’s so politically correct. Infact put your house on it!
SeaHorseRacing

No Ronnie O’Sullivan either. Possible one of the most gifted and talented men ever lived in the field of the sport. What he’s done for snooker is bigger then any of the last 20 winners of SPOTY in there own area of sport.

PC madness by the BBC.
spreadbetting

Lol , grasping at straws with Sullivan , what's he done in the last year? He's not even #1 in his own sport.
SeaHorseRacing

Just one a 7th UK championship. After all SPOTY is a UK awards ceremony.

Ronnie is the Muhammad Ali, the David Beckham of his sport and can’t even get nominated.

Footballs my favourite sport but come on Harry all you did was score Penalty’s and a lucky deflection.

The fact the team perfomance of England winning a penalty shoot out is even nominated is beyond a joke.
That team is paid hundreds of millions and it’s taken them 20 years to win one!

I’m really angry tonight! Hate injustices!
Derek27

SeaHorseRacing wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:13 pm
I know there’s a lot of PC idiots on here! So I know what’s coming!

I swear if Tyson Fury doesn’t win SPOTY it would be a fix!

Let alone his achievements he’s the only one with Personality on the list!

Haters keep it to yourself!
I don't know why it's called personality of the year when it's really based on achievement. Rory Bremner said Nigel Mansell should have won the award for lack of it!
Trader Pat

I actually agree with you about Fury, I think he's probably the most qualified of the nominees to win it because apart from O'Sullivan he's the only one with a personality :D I'm sure everyone else on the list has a personality but they keep them well hidden.

It's like Derek said though, you can't go around insulting over half the population and expect to win a popularity contest :lol:

SeaHorseRacing wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:28 pm

Ronnie is the Muhammad Ali, the David Beckham of his sport and can’t even get nominated.
Not sure the comparison here though, O'Sullivan is the best snooker player of all time but Muhammad Ali is not the greatest boxer of all time (probably done more for the sport though than anyone else) whatever people who know nothing about the sport want to think, that title goes to Sugar Ray Robinson (by a distance) and Beckham wasnt even the best player at any of his clubs never mind in the world.

Again I agree with Derek, its not about personality but acheivement so maybe they should change the name to something else.

Return to “Other Betfair Sports Trading markets”