Greyhound Mystique

Any markets not covered in the other boards
Greyhoundz

17:18 Monmore - Supreme Ripon, this greyhound are in pattern do down odds? I checked Top time, last time, s/p odds, form but odds got up.
sniffer66

Greyhoundz wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:18 pm
17:18 Monmore - Supreme Ripon, this greyhound are in pattern do down odds? I checked Top time, last time, s/p odds, form but odds got up.
Don't think it was a bad call. You aren't going to get them all. What was the race result ? Worth a win/place bet. Favoured trap, good numbers all round

Capture.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Greyhoundz

sniffer66 wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:29 pm
Greyhoundz wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:18 pm
Don't think it was a bad call. You aren't going to get them all. What was the race result ? Worth a win/place bet. Favoured trap, good numbers all round

Capture.JPG
He backed the race, I think the odd didnt get down bacause greyhound 4 comes from A1 to run in A2 and he get the lowest odd, but s/p odds from 2 was lower
sniffer66

Supreme Ripon won it I see :)

That's the one stat I'm missing from the UK, grade changes. Need to scrape another site apart from SL
Archery1969

Dogs who are stepping down in grade will often be backed in the betting, especially if they are the fastest dog in the race.
sniffer66

Archery1969 wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:42 pm
Dogs who are stepping down in grade will often be backed in the betting, especially if they are the fastest dog in the race.
and shows how punters can be blinded by the downgrade. Numbers weren't great on T4
Archery1969

sniffer66 wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:44 pm
Archery1969 wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:42 pm
and shows how punters can be blinded by the downgrade. Numbers weren't great on T4
Depends if the punter is straight backing to win or trading them down in price.

Each dog has a 16.67% chance of winning. Adjust for form, speed and Trap entry. However, nobody knows if a dog will get bumped off it’s stride.

Also, as already pointed out T3 and T4 tend to get more backing by default because race organisers will stick known sprinters into those traps. Theory being a quick get away gives them an edge.
Archery1969

I have perfected a uniformed way of knowing which dog will shorten in price by using 1 key indicator which remains constant from when it’s first signalled.

It’s so simple that if you explained it people wouldn’t pay £0.99p for it.

But it works race after race....
sniffer66

Archery1969 wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:26 pm
I have perfected a uniformed way of knowing which dog will shorten in price by using 1 key indicator which remains constant from when it’s first signalled.

"I normally sell this ONCE IN A LIFETIME" offer for £1000 but today, and to the FIRST 100 BUYERS I am giving it away for the bargain price of only £99.

Be quick ! This offer will be WITHDRAWN from sale at MIDNIGHT tomorrow"

<insert gratuitous countdown clock of your choice here>

;)
ShaunWhite

Archery1969 wrote:

We all look forward to you posting a picture of your Lambourgini, parked next to the Pagani, just to the side of the yatch that's swarming with dolly birds. :)
Archery1969

ShaunWhite wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:28 pm
Archery1969 wrote:

We all look forward to you posting a picture of your Lambourgini, parked next to the Pagani, just to the side of the yatch that's swarming with dolly birds. :)
Your be on my Yacht though Shaun. :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Greyhoundz

Sportinglife doesnt use GNG, correct? Are you guys including gng to check?
MemphisFlash

My interface now has built in strategies, working on more,
Can change at the press of a button

Capture.JPG
towelfox

Looking good Memphis. Are you sticking with graded races or doing opens too?

I've avoided open racing so far as there's a bit more to think about but maybe that's even better?
Archery1969

I been lurking on some forums and came across the following for those that trade dogs but it would probably work on the horses too.

bp = selections back price
sv = selection volume
mv = market volume

v = (((bp * sv) - mv) / mv) * 100

if v > 0 then TP = 1 and SL = 3
if v < 0 then TP = 3 and SL = 1

Obviously you can substitute those numbers as you wish but if v > 0 then you want a tight TP and wide SL and likewise if v < 0 then you want a wide TP and tight SL etc.

So, whats the theory behind this then:

1. Money coming in for a selection will have a greater effect on its price movement if initially its volume was low compared to the market volume.
2. Money coming in for a selection will have a lesser effect on its price movement if initially its volume was high compared to the market volume.

Does it work, well, have a go with minimum stakes or use practice mode, whichever you prefer, although the former will give you a better idea of how it actually affects prices etc.

And remember, when opening trades, don't take the prices on offer, ever.

Return to “Other Betfair Sports Trading markets”