London 2012

Any markets not covered in the other boards
LeTiss

That really stinks

If it's supposed to be a games for everyone to enjoy, then they should have tried to accomodate all applicants with at least something. It seems wrong that some people have a number of tickets and others are left to watch it on TV
Euler

We would like to invite you to take advantage of an exclusive opportunity to purchase some of the remaining tickets, in advance of those customers who were allocated tickets in the initial application phase.

From 6am on 24 June until 6pm on 3 July 2011 you will be able to request some of the remaining tickets on the London 2012 ticketing website

These tickets will be allocated on a first come, first served basis. They cover a great range of Olympic sports including Athletics, Basketball, Football, Handball, Hockey and Volleyball.

During this second chance sales window you will only be able to submit one application, and you will be able to apply for a maximum of three sessions. Once you submit, you will receive an email confirming your application. We will then advise you which tickets you have been allocated within 24-48 hours, subject to successful payment. All payments will be taken between 4 and 7 July 2011.
Euler

Despite getting up early this morning there still appears to be no availability to anything apart from some very low key uninteresting events.

I am looking forward to seeing 70,000 people in the Olympic stadium for the womens prelim shot put final. Should be quite a sight. :lol:
Euler

Another fail this morning, been trying to mop up any old ticket that nobody else wants and still cant get one. Tickets available, but then they are not when you try and no request failed errors. Frustrating.
superfrank

it seems the synchronised swimming is very popular! sex sells. hardly a sport though, more like strictly in water. they should get Brucie to do the commentating.

coe v ovett http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txkz8VLO3iE
Euler

Bid for 100m final tickets in the next round of ticketing this morning and got them! Miracles do happen.
Euler

More tickets on sale this morning FYI.
giulio2010

Anthony Joshua robbed the gold. He was giving the victory only because is British. Disgrace on the Olimpics.......Disgrace on the organisation.......
mugsgame

giulio2010 wrote:Anthony Joshua robbed the gold. He was giving the victory only because is British. Disgrace on the Olimpics.......Disgrace on the organisation.......
His nationality has nothing to do with him winning. Not sure where the judges are from but pretty sure they are from different Countrys. These events are so scrutinised it would be obvious if they were wrong.

British sport is the straightest in the world. None of our Football teams have been sanction for match fixing :roll:

Sorry Fella you made a ill judged comment there.
superfrank

just watched the fight on the web and it looked a very close call which is how the judges scored it (and the loser didn't seem to have any complaints).

i do think that GBR have had a few favourable decisions in the boxing though. i guess home crowd advantage has a (probably subconscious) psychological affect on the judges, just as it often does with football referees (curiously more often at Old Trafford ;) )
giulio2010

Perhaps you are only reading the national verdict, everyone in the world boxing know that Joshua robbed the gold. The italian was better on all rounds. I thought because the olimpic games were in London they suppose to be the most fair ever, but I was totally wrong. Britain recieved too many benefits. It's the usuall disgrace I find in sports and yet London confirmed the same sht.
mugsgame wrote:
giulio2010 wrote:Anthony Joshua robbed the gold. He was giving the victory only because is British. Disgrace on the Olimpics.......Disgrace on the organisation.......
His nationality has nothing to do with him winning. Not sure where the judges are from but pretty sure they are from different Countrys. These events are so scrutinised it would be obvious if they were wrong.

British sport is the straightest in the world. None of our Football teams have been sanction for match fixing :roll:

Sorry Fella you made a ill judged comment there.
superfrank wrote:just watched the fight on the web and it looked a very close call which is how the judges scored it (and the loser didn't seem to have any complaints).
It was not a close call, Joshua was dominated in all rounds. The loser made a formal complain and asked the judges to revisits the points because he felt he was robbed and there was strong evidence he scored more points. However it will not end here. It was so scandales and in the front of the world eyes that I am confident there will be an investigation about the verdict. I have no doubt you may disagree but in life supporting a dirty game don't feel good, winning fairly, it does feel good....
superfrank

i think you've let national pride cloud your judgement a tad. the Italian was out on his feet at the end, and without a great last minute of the first round would have lost comfortably.

i hate to see injustice in sport. e.g. had the British guy got gold on the pommel horse it would have been very wrong - Krisztian Berki was must better and Louis Smith looked to be performing in slow motion by comparison.
Euler

Never liked sports where points are scored or awared by judges, I love pure sports where you will or lose and that's about it. Goes both ways though, Jade Jones went out to a very dodgy decision in 2008 but didn't have a bad call in 2012. Will be different in Rio.
Euler

Looking forward to getting back to my normal routine this week. Really enjoyed the last two and a bit weeks. Always wanted to go to the Olympics, wasn't sure I would ever get the chance but especially not in London. So it's been a blast for me.

Return to “Other Betfair Sports Trading markets”