London 2012

Any markets not covered in the other boards
Euler

Only one day left to put your application in for tickets. Always wanted to go when I was young, never imagined it would come to London.

http://www.london2012.com/
Predicton

Pity they haven't spread it around the country a bit more
Euler

One million bid for Olympics 100m tickets

OK, so I'm not going to that one then!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-13465562
Euler

When I was young I dreamt of competing at the Olympics, inspired by the Coe and Ovett battles on the track, alas that remained a dream. But I did eventually get to see a local runner compete at the world championships in Stuttgart, so that was nice.

So my attention turned to just trying to get to the Olympics to experience the thrill of the games. Unfortunately all the games were held many thousands of miles away and were very complicated, impractical and expensive to get to. So you can imagine the thrill when London won the bid for the 2012 Olympics. A dream to watch the Olympics would come true, not only that they would be on my doorstep.

Being of sound mind and knowing I wasn't to be guaranteed a ticket so I carefully structured my bids across a number of events and days and carefully chose some high profile events but also lots of tertiary events to ensure I would be able to get to see some action. I bid for many thousands of pounds of tickets guessing that the allocation would be low, but slightly worried I may end up with a headache. Then I waited.

It now appears I have not been allocated a single ticket. Even for some of the minor events that I put in to ensure I would be able to take my children to an event. I think this is worse that not having the Olympics at all. I'd rather they be held in some far flung destination where I couldn't go, rather than on my doorstep but with the door slammed in my face.

I'm still hoping that a debit will appear on my account, but as each hour passes I'm coming to terms that despite my enthusiasm for athletics and the Olympics over many years I'll may never even be able to sit in a stadium and watch them. I can't tell you how pissed off I am. I haven't told my kids yet that they will not be going.
JollyGreen

I'm not happy with my tickets, it seems I have been allocated 5 home games for West Ham :lol:
danum

I’m feeling very much the same Peter, I also applied for a few pounds worth of tickets to all manner of different events. Not a bean; very disappointed.
SilentDave

Yet I'm sure as at all major events there will be touts outside the venues clutching bundles of tickets...
SpikeyBob

I feel sorry for people who applied for tickets and never got any.

I think it's a disgrace the way that they have organised this. You pay for something that you don't know how much it will cost, don't know what you are going to see (if anything), don't know when, don't know where you will be seated.

... and then to top it all off they take the money off you first as an extra tease. IMO, they should be ashamed of the way they have ran this ticket allocation farce.
Lagos

I applied for three sets of tickets at the high end for the whole family and got one event so am very happy with that. Im told my £125 tickets are being offered on e bay for £500.
If its true its a total disgrace.
Euler

More than half of applicants received no tickets.

"Some 1.8 million people applied for the 6.6 million public tickets available. About 55% of applicants missed out."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-13670354
LeTiss

That really stinks

If it's supposed to be a games for everyone to enjoy, then they should have tried to accomodate all applicants with at least something. It seems wrong that some people have a number of tickets and others are left to watch it on TV
Euler

We would like to invite you to take advantage of an exclusive opportunity to purchase some of the remaining tickets, in advance of those customers who were allocated tickets in the initial application phase.

From 6am on 24 June until 6pm on 3 July 2011 you will be able to request some of the remaining tickets on the London 2012 ticketing website

These tickets will be allocated on a first come, first served basis. They cover a great range of Olympic sports including Athletics, Basketball, Football, Handball, Hockey and Volleyball.

During this second chance sales window you will only be able to submit one application, and you will be able to apply for a maximum of three sessions. Once you submit, you will receive an email confirming your application. We will then advise you which tickets you have been allocated within 24-48 hours, subject to successful payment. All payments will be taken between 4 and 7 July 2011.
Euler

Despite getting up early this morning there still appears to be no availability to anything apart from some very low key uninteresting events.

I am looking forward to seeing 70,000 people in the Olympic stadium for the womens prelim shot put final. Should be quite a sight. :lol:
Euler

Another fail this morning, been trying to mop up any old ticket that nobody else wants and still cant get one. Tickets available, but then they are not when you try and no request failed errors. Frustrating.
superfrank

it seems the synchronised swimming is very popular! sex sells. hardly a sport though, more like strictly in water. they should get Brucie to do the commentating.

coe v ovett http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txkz8VLO3iE

Return to “Other Betfair Sports Trading markets”