X Factor

Any markets not covered in the other boards
LeTiss

Has anyone been trading this years X Factor?

I haven't done anything this year, but last year I made a killing on various strategies, I know PW did too, however the 2011 market has just been totally screwed for some people.

Frankie's been kicked off for taking Cocaine. Therefore, this week the original four who were discarded by their judges in week 1 have been given a lifeline. This includes Amelia Lily who was very highly fancied to win at the start, Kelly Rowland decided against her though & she went. People have layed her all the way up to 1000/1, but she's now back in the competition and 4th favourite at 7.6

It just shows how dicey betting on TV reality can be, basically the rules can be changed at anytime. Hope nobody here have lost a potential packet :o
mugsgame

I have been watching the odds closely.

What I did notice is Amelia Lilley even after she had been dropped was still not trading at 1000 for a few weeks. I thought this very strange. My cynical mind thought something dodgy was afoot.

I kept mulling it over and over, why wasn't she 1000? My first thought was to suck up the money and lay her. But I didn't want to have the money tied up for such a small gain. Then I thought someone knows something here, so thought I'd have a cheeky tenner at 700 odd.

I love it when a plan comes together :lol:
CaerMyrddin

Congrats on the move, well done!
LeTiss

Haha, stunning effort mugsgame!

That's the kind of slippery move I'd expect from Mr Webb :lol:
LeTiss

Interesting market developing on X Factor tonight

Big shock, with 2nd and 3rd Favs to win the show ending up in the sing off. Ella trading at 6.4 before tonight is still being backed at 200 despite being evicted.

Knowing how the show is considered a 'fix' and there was an unexpected withdrawal earlier in the series, could we see a 2nd life for someone, just like Amelia Lily from last year?

200/1 might be a crafty trade on Ella
LeTiss

I just got £20 matched at 200/1

I've placed my lay bet at her original price of 6.4 for a potential green of £600
I'm basically getting 29/1 that she gets reinstated, I think that's good value, even if I end up losing £20
PeterLe

LeTiss 4pm wrote:I just got £20 matched at 200/1

I've placed my lay bet at her original price of 6.4 for a potential green of £600
I'm basically getting 29/1 that she gets reinstated, I think that's good value, even if I end up losing £20
good thinking; I'm in for a tenner too
CaerMyrddin

Got involved aswell, nice call, thank you!
LeTiss

No news yet, but she's now trading at 70.

I've put my £20 back in at 75, so I have a green of £2500 on Ella, but £0 on the others
Zapata

Sky BET

X Factor 2012 Ella Henderson to be reinstated 7/2
PeterLe

Nice Call LeTiss! Wish I had put 20 on now! :D
I got on at 140 for a tenner, think I'll just let it ride given what Zapata has just said..I think she could down to the last three if she is re-instated too
freddy

Well done if anyone has made a few quid out of this :), not sure why the odds are what they are.

but imo There is no way in hell Ella will actually be reinstated, she was voted out fair and square by the public :? and i carn't see itv wanting to have to refund all the phone votes, which is what they would almost have to do :) or face a huge s**t storm :lol: .

The situation with Amelia lily last year was actually very different, she had not been voted out by the public, she was a wild card on the 1st live show but didn't get through to the finals.

when cokecoza got kicked out they went to a second wild card vote and she then won his spot on the show.

a eliminated contestant would never go back in imo.
Big brother did try this once with Nikki Grahame, but they got into alot of trouble over it and had alot of complaints and were fined.
Don't think xfactor would be that stupid imo 8-)
Zapata

Sky BET

X Factor 2012 Ella Henderson to be reinstated NOW 5/1 (was 7/2)

http://www.skybet.com/tv-and-film-specials/x-factor
bett12or

Yes, the stuff that goes with votes from public, votes in the deadlock.
Ethanol

Is someone trying to send a message about Christopher Maloney?!
Christopher Maloney.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Other Betfair Sports Trading markets”