Lance Armstrong: Usada report reveals doping evidence

Any markets not covered in the other boards
Euler

Cycling legend Lance Armstrong's team ran "the most sophisticated, professionalised and successful doping programme the sport has ever seen" according to a report by the United States Anti-Doping Agency.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cycling/19903716
sweetybt

I think a French journalist claimed that 92% of Tour de France Winners since 1948 would have tested positive. The difference is that the sports re-insurance companies who had to pay Armstrong millions in bonuses had a BIG incentive to hunt down Lance.

In my view Armstrong was better than everybody at everything, doping, climbing, time trialing, the media, the lot.

Wiggo's Dad used drugs as did everyone else at the time. Hopefully now the best riders can now win the Giro, Vuelta and TDF without having the best Doctors.
Dublin_Flyer

Reminds me of a Frankie Boyle quote:

"More drugs in sport? I want to see more drugs in sport. I don't want to see somebody run the 100m in 10 seconds, I want to see them run it in 3 seconds! :lol:
Euler

I've become quite intrigued with this story as more and more comes out.

Tyler Hamilton on 'how US Postal cheated'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-19912623

When I was very sporty I was always frustrated that no matter how hard I trained there was always somebody better than me. It reckon talent wasn't the only inhibitor now.
giulio2010

Every single year there are news about doping in cycling..I used to follow it until Marco Pantani was found guilty of doping and soon after found dead in his house for overdose of cocaine...
Dublin_Flyer

When I played rugby at the end of school, the most successful school in the country had enough players to make about 6 great first XV teams. Vast majority of the players were taking Creatine for about 18 months leading into the cup season, and at the same time there was a spate of Sudden Adult Death Syndrome deaths in 18-25year old sportsmen. Always wondered if there was an actual link, I suspected there must have been.

Return to “Other Betfair Sports Trading markets”