Sports Personality of the Year

Any markets not covered in the other boards
LeTiss

I f*****g hate the BBC and their painful obsession with political correctness

I've just seen the shortlisted 10

No Laura Trott!

Forget the fact she won 2 golds at such a tender age, forget that she became only the third GB woman to win 2 golds in one Olympics, forget the fact she has more personality than all the other finalists put together.

Why is she not included? - It's because she's white and not disabled!
Tuco

It was a surprise to me as well ~ I had Laura in the final 12 shortlist instead of Chris Hoy (who has won SPOTY before in 2008).

This year in the Team Oursuit and Omnium events lovely Laura is Double World Champion (2 x Gold Medallist), Double Olympic (2 x Gold Medallist) AND Double World Cup Champion (2 x Gold Medallist) AND during the World Championships and Olympics set 6 consecutive World Records in the Team Pursuit along with Joanna Rowsell and Dani King.

If Laura had made the shortlist (instead of Chris Hoy), it would have meant there would have been 6 men and 6 women in the final shortlist which after last year with no women making the final shortlist, one would have thought would have made much more of a PC statement.
Euler

This could be an interest trading market. Lots of reasons to vote for anybody and with the public involved you wonder exacly how the market will play out.

I'm taking a deeeper interest in it.
superfrank

Wiggo is a bit of an unusual character and could well say something derogatory about the event so wouldn't want to be on him at short prices.

Jess Ennis looks a reasonable bet and is really popular with the public. But Mo Farah is more black (and born in Africa), so the BBC will be favouring him!!!
Euler

With so many valid contenders, don't you think it would totally PC for somebody on Facebook to start a campaign to back a paraolympian? They could be a decent bet for a big move?
LeTiss

Quite possibly

I realise I drifted into a rant, but this shows what a farcical organisation the BBC has become.

I can almost see the scenario. OK chaps, we need 3 blacks and 3 disabled. Mo Farah is perfect as he's our token Muslim too.

I have a nasty feeling Laura Trott will be given the Young SPOTY award, which in my opinion would be offensive and totally disrespectful. The young award goes to promising talent who look like being great in the future, not somebody that's already achieved what she has
superfrank

LeTiss 4pm wrote:I realise I drifted into a rant, but this shows what a farcical organisation the BBC has become.
these kind of people love PC ideas such as multiculturalism etc., but what you find is that they don't live anywhere near the social problems they help create. i've lived in London for 20+ years and it's full of smug luvvie-liberals who generally live in lovely, leafy areas with low crime rates.

you might like this from Doug Stanhope!... http://youtu.be/YkgDhDa4HHo
Groovyelms

I am going to wait for the first televised debate(aka the USA presidential campaign) due on later... :?

Return to “Other Betfair Sports Trading markets”