Phantom positions? (weird) - Edit now with video

Any markets not covered in the other boards
Lagos

I agree with Peter, cross matching is a real pain in the backside.I wish Betfair would turn it off, but I dont think there is much chance of that happening.
haichless

how do customers bring about a change from a service supplier that they disagree with.
1.bring it to their attention
2.give the provider time to respond/explain
3.if still unsatisfied after reponse or if no response you have two options
a. accept it
b. vote with your feet and dont buy any longer

simples...
we all get the service we deserve in the end.
gazuty

Betfair customer service.

I ring, they ask me to send in the video.

I ask them if I should contact [email protected]. They say no, do not send to bdp but send to ausinfo.

I email ausinfo. They respond and say they cannot help me. (Suppress laughter).

I email bdp. I get a response within 24 hours. They say the api is showing cached bets post a suspend. They ask me if I was looking at the market soon after a suspend.

I reply, ah no, I think it's a cross matching issue. But a problematic one because I cannot take the bets.

The email me and ask me about whether the market had been suspended. I reply and ask about cross matching and tell them I wasn't looking at cached bets.

No further correspondence received.

Follow up to bdp sent.
Iron

If you don't get a reply, I'd CC your follow up email to a couple of directors. That might focus minds... ;)

Jeff
gazuty wrote: Follow up to bdp sent.
rogerlisa

Stratford 4.30 today in play. Any one explain what the hell that was all about! cost me money! Is this the fake positions you are on about?
Euler

Gazuty, have you tried turning the cross matching on and off in Bet Angel. That should tell you if it is a Betfair thing or a local setting.
gazuty

Yes I should also update on my own investigations. Turning cross matching off in Bet Angel fixed a subsequent occurrence of this issue. And so that probably solves what I am seeing in these markets.

I did some of my own calculations from putting my own positions into a no liquidity market and I'm not sure the virtual bet calculator is functioning entirely accurately within BA.

I will keep this under review to see how often it comes up and whether I think the virtual bet calculator is making the calculations correctly.

I'm still interested to see if betfair end up giving their own explanation (just from a customer service perspective).

PS. As a bookmaker in low liquidity markets it can be a wild ride because I don't generally complete the book and rely on my long run overround. But last weekend hardly any "favourites" got up in the events I follow and so I'm currently feeling the opposite to big Jollygreen (who I hope feels better soon).
ps1967

I had a strange incident today, managed to quickly get a video on my phone of it.

Was in the Falkirk v Morton match correct score market. I refresh the market, price still there, try to take the price and it disappears completely.

Sorry about the quality

http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=2zjb0qb&s=5

It happened 3 times in total in this market throughout the day, each time I tried to back/lay a different score.
legendz

This happened to me on a ufc market the money was there , when i tried to take it , it dissappeared and my bet appeared as an unmatched bet , i tried support but the too wanted a video , ive just got camtasia so i will try and replicate it the next time a ufc tournament is on.
gazuty

Never did receive a response from betfair about this.
Iron

I'd try again, but CC the email to one of their directors this time, saying how disappointed that you didn't receive any response at all last time! ;)

Jeff
gazuty wrote:Never did receive a response from betfair about this.

Return to “Other Betfair Sports Trading markets”