Aussie Rules round 5

Any markets not covered in the other boards
Shamrock

Happy ANZAC Day,
I thought I would post an AFL thread to see if there was any interest from us Aussies.
The game that has caught my eye this week is Port Adelaide v West Coast.
Port are 4 from 4 (2nd on ladder) while West Coast are 1 from 4 (12th on ladder). The big BUT is the caliber of opposition they have both faced, Port have beaten the bottom three teams and won the local derby against Adelaide while West Coast have lost their derby match against Fremantle, Gone done to last years finalists Hawthorn,hammered Melbourne before getting done by Carlton after kicking 23 behinds.
I fail to understand why Port opened as favourites in this game and I have taken what I could over $2 on Betfair. Unless there is some crazy news tonight when teams are posted West Coast have to tumble, they should start under 1.80. One thing for sure, they wont drift.
gazuty

Eagles have many injuries and have to travel.

Corporates have the match at 1.92 (doesn't make them right, but effectively that is even money when you take out the overround).
bobalski

Yeah, injuries killing the Toasters at the minute. NicNat is just a huge hole they are struggling to fill.

Selection is vital tonight and if Waters doesn't make it back along with Glass who must be extremely doubtful considering he couldn't get his arm above his head last week, they are in huge strife trying to contain Shultz and Westhoff who is in career form.

Cannot see them possibly starting less then $1.80 and could easily drift to black odds if Glass is missing.

It wouldn't surprise to see them win, they are clearly the better side all things being equal, but at the minute, things aren't equal. Good luck.

I'm cranky with myself for not snapping up the $1.80+ Collingwood earlier in the week. With Fletcher still out and Hurley now out, it was clear they would come in a dozen or so ticks. I rode the wave of Tiger fever last week laying Collingwood for 4 figures early in the week @1.83 and traded out at 2.06. Unfortunately I didn't green up tho and left myself with a nice win all on Richmond. Should have known better...lol

And happy ANZAC Day to all the Aussies and Kiwis...
Wildly

I expect Essendon now 2.38 to trade lower in the run. ANZAC day regularly produces a close one and even with the injuries Essendon look better this year.
gazuty

Thanks Bombers, produced a nice result today.
gazuty

Cracker game freo, Richmond
bobalski

gazuty wrote:Cracker game freo, Richmond
Twas a ripper, wasn't it. I took the shorts Freo and had more than a few anxious moments.

It was a very swingy match betting wise and I long for the day when the volume and traffic allows it to be tradeable. Doubtful it will ever happen, but if the laws are changed and in play betting is allowed online, it may get somewhere near that point...
gazuty

Yeah, I layed Richmond pre-off and had to wait until well into the second quarter to get back to all green.
Shamrock

West Coast away to a flyer, now at $1.25.
Shamrock

$4700 matched at 1.01 and only 21 points at 3/4 time.
Shamrock

Port hit the lead now at 1.50
Shamrock

Ride this wave.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Shamrock

And West Coast blow it.
gazuty

Amazing comeback from Port.

In fact, I'd checked in on that match at half time and just decided to keep watching Geelong v Bulldogs.

When I looked at the end of the match I thought I'd checked in on the wrong round and even the wrong year. But no, a massive, massive comeback.

And a decent gubbing to boot.
gazuty

Check this out. Another absolute gubbing on the cards today.

Bizarely already $1448 matched (some at 1.03, some at 1.01) on Majak Daw to be first goal kicker in Hawks v North today. Absolute maddness. Wish I had accepted that lay.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Other Betfair Sports Trading markets”