MLB picks and analysis

Any markets not covered in the other boards
johan77

Miami and Milwaukee are both in the group of worst teams in MLB, but today they will have their best pitcher aces on mound and it's quite obvious that we will see one hard match with few runs. Marlins go in this game with Ricky Nolasco (3-6, ERA 3,61) who in last 13 games only 3 times went over three allowed runs. In those 13 games when Nolasco played they stayed in under for 8 matches, and won only three and that says it all about run support which is awful when he is playing.
On the other hand Youvani Gallardo (4-6, ERA 5,25) will start for guests. He is not on top level this season but this is a great chance for him to get back in form. In last start he made he was pretty good and usually he plays very good against Miami – record of 3-0 ERA 1,59 and noting that Miami was back then at least twice stronger than today.
Marlins are a team that usually has 2,92 runs per game (2,91 at home) while Brewers are not so brilliant in guest role with only 3,69 runs (9 wins and 17 losses). I don’t expect many runs here and injury of best Brewers bat Braun is another plus to this bet.
Bet: Number of runs (with extra time)
Tip: Under 7,5
Odds: @ 1.90
Best of luck guys ;)
LeTiss

I keep on having a look at MLB, but there's never been enough liquidity, especially for a Baseball novice like me

I was pinning my hopes on BF getting into USA, as then it would have been huge, alas it never happened

Do you punt MLB Johan, or do you attempt to trade?
johan77

LeTiss 4pm wrote:I keep on having a look at MLB, but there's never been enough liquidity, especially for a Baseball novice like me

I was pinning my hopes on BF getting into USA, as then it would have been huge, alas it never happened

Do you punt MLB Johan, or do you attempt to trade?
I bet on MLB. There's a lot of profit in this but you have to know the way this sport works very well. I don't recommend it for novice players but keep tuned here and i'll post some nice info every once in a while ;)
johan77

Atalanta - Phillies
Atalanta Braves are playing excellent at the moment and in last ten matches they’ve made great improvement in the attacking part of their game with average of 6,68 runs. In last four matches they went in over with total of 53 runs.
As for Phillies their four out of five ended in over. They dind’t perform quite good in attack, but their pitchers and bullpen had two miserable weeks with only 5,96 ERA. Philladelphia will send Ethan Martin to mound today, a debutant who has a record of 11-5 and 4,12 ERA in the lower division.
Atalanta will rely on Medlen (7-10; 3,74 ERA) who in the last game ended his run of losses with very solid start and a win. Before that he had a row of tree losses in which he allowed 14 runs. On away turf he is not playing so good with only 4,28 ERA. This season against Phillies he has 0-2 and 6,97 ERA.
Matches between these two teams usually go in over. Last three were in over and also eight out of last ten. Medlen will be a good opportunity for Phillies to try and start things a bit but he’ll certainly have a hard time against excellent Braves. Also we mustn’t forget the Phillies Stadium which is more inclined to batters and I believe we’ll see a hole lot of runs today.

Bet: Over 8,5 Runs (with extra time)
Odds: 2,00

Cheers ;)
teamlefty

Arizona Dbacks vs Tampa Bay Rays

Rays to win @ 3.50 <--this one's good value. rays have been surging in AL east while d-backs are slowing down, albeit inconsistently.
Under 8.50 @ 1.91
teamlefty

teamlefty wrote:Arizona Dbacks vs Tampa Bay Rays

Rays to win @ 3.50 <--this one's good value. rays have been surging in AL east while d-backs are slowing down, albeit inconsistently.
Under 8.50 @ 1.91
Late update:
D-backs won 6-1. I was wrong about the good value, it's subjective after all. lol. :o

Lost money line , won unders market :P
johan77

SAN DIEGO - SAN FRANCISCO
This is a battle of two teams who are in poor form recently and in which I expect dominant performances of starting pitchers. Hosts will send lefthanded Eric Stults (8-12; 3,81 ERA) who probably couldn’t wait to get back in front of his home audience. His ERA on Petco Park is excellent 2,63. In last six home starts he didn’t allow more than three runs and there is no reason why he shouldn’t do it again today.
Visitors will try to rely on their best Tim Lincecum (8-13; 4,38 ERA) who was just brilliant in their last performance at Arizona – not once did he allow a single run throughout six innings and he walked two decent batters. That was his second win in a row and last time he was playing in San Diego he made it to baseball history by throwing no-hitter and making strikeout of 13 batters. In last 13 games on Petco Park Linecum has 6-3 and average of 2,22 ERA.
Moreover, San Francisco has only 3,58 runs in last 10 games, while Paders are even worse with 2,95 average runs.
All the above suggests that we wont se much runs today and limit of 7,5 should be enough.
Bet: Under 7,5 runs (with extra time)
Odds: 1.90
Best of luck ;)

Return to “Other Betfair Sports Trading markets”