PDC World Darts

Any markets not covered in the other boards
Euler

I may have a nose at the final tomorrow.
BennyBlanco

Likewise- will have a look. I feel Van Gerwen is too short? Although he destroyed Lewis (Lewis only had a c.20% checkout) which put the score line 'out of whack' with Lewis' ability.

Wright is arrogant but cool headed (places his 'arrows' flat on the bed meaning which sees fewer switches) Van Gerwin too casual? Weird combos? 60/60/bull? Too casual against Webster which could have seen a gubbing for the money buyers! I foresee a quick over reaction from 1:27 to something silly and then let's rock and roll!

On a separate note- I really really want to write a bot on a simple bookmaking strategy- but do not know what % would see a long term profit without bing too 'ambitious'?!

Look forward to any thoughts..

LETS PLAY DARTS! (Although it isn't BDO!)
LeTiss

I started this thread, but then kind of left it!

I've had an immense tournament, even better than Wimbledon!!
Darts is an incredible trading sport - it's easy to read pre-event because players don't carry unknown injuries like Tennis, and 'in play' has some fantastic swings - the liquidity is superb too, I bloody love it!! (I've got shedloads of data on Darts trading, I'm gonna share it when the Premier League starts in Feb)

One tip tonight - NO 9 darter can be laid at 1.07/1.08
Over the course of best 13 sets, MVG will almost certainly start off a leg with a 180, possibly even 2 - if he's waiting to throw after 6 perfect darts, the 'in play' punters will be rushing on him to do it - great chance to trade out for a lovely green screen
NileVentures

Hi LeTiss - Happy New Year to you and all the other Angels out there.

I have also enjoyed some successfull trading at the PDC World Darts. Matt Le Tissier - did you see his poster at the semi finals? "I am not Phil Tufnell"

I don't get your Lay 9 darter tip. Please expand.
kroni

i had a go trading many of these matches, was doing ok until the semi's which gave me some big red figures. its great fun to watch and trade theres so many twists and turns
LeTiss

NileVentures wrote:Hi LeTiss - Happy New Year to you and all the other Angels out there.

I have also enjoyed some successfull trading at the PDC World Darts. Matt Le Tissier - did you see his poster at the semi finals? "I am not Phil Tufnell"

I don't get your Lay 9 darter tip. Please expand.
There's a market for a 3rd tournament 9 darter tonight. 1.07 provides a nice little lay with a small liability. Van Gerwen will almost certainly start a few legs with a 180, and at that point some punters will be looking to back him achieving a 9 darter, as it's an absolute showstopper

You should get a nice opportunity for a green trade there if you just leave the trade out bet sitting there during the final

It may not happen, but like I say 1.07 a smallish liability for a speculative trade
NileVentures

Sorry LeTiss for being a bit dim on this, but surely if MVG opens a leg with a 180 and the 9 darter looks on, the price will come in.
Where is the opportunity to green-up?
PeterLe

NileVentures wrote:Sorry LeTiss for being a bit dim on this, but surely if MVG opens a leg with a 180 and the 9 darter looks on, the price will come in.
that's right, but as the match moves on if there still hasn't been a 9 darter with a couple of sets to go, then the price will move out. your downside is limited at 6% of your stake whilst the upside is potentially 100%

Edit: Sorry please ignore my comments. I've just re read some later posts and the above is wrong.
Last edited by PeterLe on Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kroni

NileVentures wrote:Sorry LeTiss for being a bit dim on this, but surely if MVG opens a leg with a 180 and the 9 darter looks on, the price will come in.
I think you have got mixed up, if you lay the "NO 9 DART FINISH" and a player hits 6 perfect darts the price will move out as there is a chance it will happen.
If you look at it the other way you have basically backed the 9 dart finish and after 6 perfect darts the price will shorten to green up.

I will give this a go got some matched at 1.05 will be interesting to see what happens, do you think after 2 180s or similar the price will move? im not so sure
NileVentures

Gotcha - thanks LeTiss. It's a strange market because it asks the question: "Will there be a nine darter?" and you can back and lay both the Yes and No outcomes - which is confusing because of the double negative in laying the possibility of the No outcome.
LeTiss

Sorry fellas, I've clearly not made myself clear

When MVG (or Wright) hits a 180 at the start of a leg, the chances of a 9 darter are on, and some punters love backing a 9 dart finish, so the 'in play' price momentarily collapses

You can currently lay 1.06-1.08 on there being NO 9 dart finish tonight, so even for a £100 lay you're only risking £6-8

My strategy suggested offering that lay because MVG will almost certainly start a number of sets where the 9 dart finish is looking possible. You will see some big swings tonight during those moments, giving a wonderful opportunity for a nice green

Laying a selection at 1.07 means the losses can easily be kept to a minimum
marko236

I think it's a good trade to, low risk in terms of money for a high return.

If he gets two 180's in a row the return will be very good and i think there's a good chance of it happening.
Euler

Not sure how many matches it covers, but probably quite a few. Nice idea for a trade, especially the number of 180's these guys chucked in the semis.

http://www.pdc.tv/nine-dart-club
BJGardner

Coverage is also on Radio 5 Live, Darts on the radio :P
convoysur-2

radio 5 not covering it ,
but i found a stream .
http://cricfree.tv/live/live_sports_str ... onship/331

Return to “Other Betfair Sports Trading markets”