Basic Plans & Premium Charge

News, chat and debate about the Betfair betting exchange.
daniel6791

Hi Guys

I've turned profitable this year and am currently on the 2% Basic comms plan but am wondering if it could give me a problem later down the line with regards to the premium charge.

I'm more of a matched bettor than a trader running 7 systems (backing and laying) with a 48% strike rate with the potential to return circa 150ish points (avg) annually with 1% staking.

Now I have a rough idea of the pc calculations but am wondering if I would be better off with a 5% plan long term with the view of keeping the pc % charges down in the future? Ultimately I'm hoping to be on as low a rate as possible. My thinking is with a 48% strike rate I will naturally generate a decent amount of commission with scalability compounding my stakes along the way.

Thanks in advance

Dan
Derek27

I posted a spreadsheet a while ago that might help calculate your position across different scenarios.

viewtopic.php?p=200256#p200256

Bear in mind, although it may be a long way off, if you ever hit the higher PC rate you'll pay more if your lifetime commission is under 10%.
spreadbetting

If you're not trading and have a 48% strike rate I'd be surprised if you'd need to worry about PC. Just stick to your current 2% rate for now.

Dunno what the state of your account is currently but if you do eventually get hit by PC1 you'll easily be able to tweak things then and if you bypass PC1 but then fall into PC2 territory again you can take measures when/if that occurs as you'd be well over the dreaded <10% overall comms to bypass PC1. For now you'd just be paying unneccessary charges switching to 5%.

Return to “Betfair exchange”