New Premium Charge on the way

News, chat and debate about the Betfair betting exchange.
iambic_pentameter

Fair point, LeTiss and also sad that long term users like yourself aren't optimistic about the future.
andyfuller

andyfuller wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:07 pm
I have just received an 'offer' from Betfiar for me to pay just 2% commission for almost the next 3 months. I suspect as it appears to be a marketing email that it doesn't mean my PC rate is going to 0% from 60%.
Just received another offer from Betfair for 2% commission, this time on the Premier League:
2 percent com (Offer 2).png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ShaunWhite

I thought generating commission reduced your PC?
If comm is only 2%, and therefore less is generated to offset your PC, wouldn't that just increase the PC you're paying by the amount of commission you're saving?

..pls excuse the naivety.
spreadbetting

ShaunWhite wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:40 pm
I thought generating commission reduced your PC?
If comm is only 2%, and therefore less is generated to offset your PC, wouldn't that just increase the PC you're paying by the amount of commission you're saving?

..pls excuse the naivety.
Like everything with the Premium charge there's never a simple answer Shaun, so much depends on how you win and lose. If you churn, a low rate can mean you're better off simply because you get 3% implied comm on the losing part of a churn against the actual comm paid of 2% giving you an implied 2.5% comm against your end pc payment. But lots of people don't churn and simply get Betfair to set their base rate at say 10%.

I got on the pc allowance trial and had my first allowance yesterday , hopefully they'll consider going down the allowance route as the £250k level is very restrictive for any players who've been with them since the start and aren't necessarily making large profits from the exchange.
andyfuller

andyfuller wrote:
I have just received an 'offer' from Betfiar for me to pay just 2% commission for almost the next 3 months. I suspect as it appears to be a marketing email that it doesn't mean my PC rate is going to 0% from 60%.

I am awaiting confirmation from them.

2 percent com.png
They have confirmed that I would still have to pay 60% Premium Charge.

I put forward years ago now an annual allowance method to one of the Directors in the business who had the decency to call me up and discuss things. He quite liked the idea and said he would investigate it further and discuss it with others. Nothing ever came of it though. It is discussed in some detail somewhere else on the forum from memory.

Spreadbetting - Did you have to request to be part of the trial or were you just picked at random? Also how does the 10% base rate method work? (Sorry but out of touch with it all these days).
LeTiss

Outrageous isn't it. It's much harder to make £1000 than it was a few years back - predominately due to 1) automated bots, 2) XM, and 3) thinner markets to many traders leaving

However, to then have to BF £600 is just soul destroying. How can that possibly be for the benefit of the exchange?
spreadbetting

andyfuller wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:27 pm
andyfuller wrote:

I am awaiting confirmation from them.

2 percent com.png
They have confirmed that I would still have to pay 60% Premium Charge.

I put forward years ago now an annual allowance method to one of the Directors in the business who had the decency to call me up and discuss things. He quite liked the idea and said he would investigate it further and discuss it with others. Nothing ever came of it though. It is discussed in some detail somewhere else on the forum from memory.

Spreadbetting - Did you have to request to be part of the trial or were you just picked at random? Also how does the 10% base rate method work? (Sorry but out of touch with it all these days).
They contacted me, Andy, I think you can simply ask them to up your base rate to pretty much whatever you want. The person I knnew who did it simply did it to increase their comms paid so they skipped from the 50% band to 40% band. Think they were around 3% and high win rate so never generated enough comms to get the 10%+ overall rate you need to be banded at 40%.

They've ran the 2% on football quite a few times even on the front page before now, I think they realise there's so much competition with bookies for the main football markets they just can't really compete with a 5% comm rate. Don't think that's ever been aimed at PC payers.
Grinderman

Hyperthetical question. Does anyone know, if you were to close your Betfair account and have a couple of years off, would PC reset if you then opened your new account?
Naffman

Grinderman wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:20 am
Hyperthetical question. Does anyone know, if you were to close your Betfair account and have a couple of years off, would PC reset if you then opened your new account?
Highly doubt it, they just link the 2 accounts

It amazes me though as surely PC is not generating that much for BF compared to what more liquidity could...

Suppose Betdaq, Smarkets and Matchbook are hoping BF never do alter their PC model
gstar1975

Another question: What about if you just did straight betting would the PC be different if you managed to make profit just straight betting?
LinusP

gstar1975 wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:39 am
Another question: What about if you just did straight betting would the PC be different if you managed to make profit just straight betting?
Same rules for everyone but you tend to pay a lot of commission (implied and generated) straight betting, its traders which get penalised the most.
poklius

spreadbetting wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:32 pm

I got on the pc allowance trial and had my first allowance yesterday , hopefully they'll consider going down the allowance route as the £250k level is very restrictive for any players who've been with them since the start and aren't necessarily making large profits from the exchange.
How does pc allowance work?
Grinderman

Anyone on here actually done it? Closed their account, had a couple of years off, then opened a new one?
Derek27

Grinderman wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:20 am
Extremely unlikely. If they like different accounts that they suspect are being operated by the same entity they will certainly like the accounts of the same person!
Derek27

gstar1975 wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:39 am
You basically pay PC if you lose less than £75 for every £100 that you win, depending on commission rate. Straight gambling usually has a fairly slim ROI so few gamblers would have a high enough win to lose ratio to be affected by PC.

Return to “Betfair exchange”