Restricted account

News, chat and debate about the Betfair betting exchange.
dldtaylor

Hi Everyone.

I have a problem with my Betfair account and I would be grateful for any suggestions. Even better, if anyone who works for Betfair is on this forum, may be they could help.

A couple of weeks ago, I downloaded Bet Angel Professional, opened a Betfair account and started 'paper trading' in practice mode. Something everyone suggests before you start using money. After a week or so I received an email from Betfair saying that they suspected that I was a 'commercial user' of their data, and as such needed to pay for the data. They then restricted my account to receive delayed data and no volume. I emailed Betfair back and explained that I was not a commercial user and that I was just paper trading. I received a reply asking me to answer the following questions, which I did.

• For what purpose do you intend to you use your account?
• What sports and markets will you bet into?
• Of the markets you read/view what percentage do you expect to place bets in?
• What is your anticipated number of bets per market?
• What is your anticipated monthly betting volume?
• Do you work for a betting operator or any supplier to a betting operator, or have you in the past? If yes, please provide details.

I have tried to contact them again several times (you can not speak to anyone on the Betfair Developer Programme, you can only send an online message) but can not get a response. What more can I do?

I've abbreviated this story a little (once I answered the questions they informed me that my account had been unrestricted, which it had not, so their solution to that was to send me exactly the same questions again, which I completed...again!) but I am starting to wonder whether I will ever get to place a trade.

I'm ready to purchase Bet Angel, but I'm reluctant to do so just in case Betfair do not unrestrict me account. I thought I had come up with a solution today - start trading Betdaq instead - only to find that they do not provide charts which I need for my strategy.

Any feedback will be gratefully received.
cybernet69

Hi,

It fairly common if you don't make a deposit and/or place real bets.

Others will come along and offer some good advice.

In the meantime I would.......

- Login to Betfair using their web browser.
- Try placing some REAL back and lay bets using the minimum stake for your country (UK=£2). Pick any market and BACK @ the LAY price and LAY @ the back price. If only one bet gets matched and you have a loss then close the remaining trades. Do this a couple of times each day until you get your account unrestricted. Don't let any of your bets go in-play.

You may or may not end up losing a couple of £.

Cheers,
Dallas

Have you deposited some funds in your Betfair account?, if not try doing that as it often lifts the restriction automatically
dldtaylor

Thanks cybernet69 and Dallas.

I have funded my account a couple of weeks ago and have placed a couple of back bets already a week or so ago. My thought being that if they could see me bet then they would know that I'm not just using their data. Unfortunately no joy!
cybernet69

I don't have all the email addresses but try this one.

[email protected]

Tell them that you have funded your account and placed some bets and want your account unrestricted. Put a read receipt on it. If you don't here back in 24 hours then give them a call etc.

Cheers,
dldtaylor

Thanks cybernet69.

I will send an email to the address you suggest, however I don't hold out much luck. I originally contacted Betfair by phone but they said they couldn't do anything and that I need to contact the Betfair Developer Programme as they are the ones who have restricted my account.

I'll let you know if I get a result
cybernet69

dldtaylor wrote:
Tue May 30, 2017 7:40 pm
Thanks cybernet69.

I will send an email to the address you suggest, however I don't hold out much luck. I originally contacted Betfair by phone but they said they couldn't do anything and that I need to contact the Betfair Developer Programme as they are the ones who have restricted my account.

I'll let you know if I get a result
Use the following link to generate a support ticket. Bottom of the page.

https://developer.betfair.com/support/

Makesure you fill in the relevant information.

Cheers,
dldtaylor

Thanks cybernet 69

That's the link one I have been using up until now. I sent another message to them earlier today saying that I have not had a response. The messages are getting through, as I have been receiving emails in response to my messages, including the questions - Twice! But since last Friday I've heard nothing.

Apologies if I sound so negative, but I'm finding this situation very frustrating.
cybernet69

dldtaylor wrote:
Tue May 30, 2017 8:02 pm
Thanks cybernet 69

That's the link one I have been using up until now. I sent another message to them earlier today saying that I have not had a response. The messages are getting through, as I have been receiving emails in response to my messages, including the questions - Twice! But since last Friday I've heard nothing.

Apologies if I sound so negative, but I'm finding this situation very frustrating.
Try this....

http://www.ibas-uk.com/adjudicationForm.php

Or give them a call etc.
dldtaylor

Thanks cybernet69

I think what I will do is give Befair another 24 hours to respond to the messages/emails I have sent today. If I hear nothing I will contact IBAS.

Many thanks for your help and suggestions
cybernet69

dldtaylor wrote:
Tue May 30, 2017 8:15 pm
Thanks cybernet69

I think what I will do is give Befair another 24 hours to respond to the messages/emails I have sent today. If I hear nothing I will contact IBAS.

Many thanks for your help and suggestions
Not saying you do or have but one thing that really annoys them is if you place > 1,000 test bets an hour without placing any real bets.

But it does seem overall that they are getting very strict on mainly test accounts etc.

Cheers,
Aserty

Ugf, had similar situation, but they restricted my account, tried all possible ways to contact them, even had call, but still they wont unrestrict my account... :(
Maybe someone had the same issue and had some solution?
Thanks
Euler

Aserty

Already did, have long conversation with them but no luck... :(
BetScalper

Aserty wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:23 pm
Already did, have long conversation with them but no luck... :(
Then you can say goodbye to that account.

Normally they give you 1 warning. So, you must of really pissed them off. :)

Return to “Betfair exchange”