Bet Angel Spreadsheets

News, chat and debate about the Betfair betting exchange.
Jonathan

Guys,

Is it me?

I use Bet Angel spreadsheets and I am having some issues.

1. The status bar is moving to "Market Suspended" on a single horse, not the market. This stops my automated bets from being executed when in reality the market and the horse is very much in play
2. I have the status of the race using H1 to show if we are "In Play or Market Suspended, it is blank
3. I have placed a bet apparently on horse X but the horse I have placed is horse Y. Therefore, horse X is now placed and horse Y is still open. This means I have not placed a bet on horse X and horse Y is blocked as it states placed

I am now having to change my spreadsheets to clear down "Status"

Whilst this is not an issue for me it would appear that the Betfair API is not working properly and other members of the community could be getting spurious results.

Is anyone else suffering and if there anything we can do?
Jonathan

Hi All,

Firstly I need to apologise, I used the term "Guys" which assumes that all betfair and Bet Angel users are Male which of course is not true, sorry now learned my lesson. It is a term we use generically and I have npw changed my ways.

Secondly, I am using Bet Angel practice mode, is this the problem

Apologetic Jonathan
Dallas

Jonathan

Thanks, not me then
Jonathan

So, I reverted to an old laptop running Vista and Office 2007 as I did not have the time to mess around regressing windows updates. Same issue. Macro's no longer work, the Bet Angel_Clear_Down Spreadsheet generates a VBA defect and if I load any macros it does not work. I am getting the wrong horse backed and MARKET_SUSPENDED in my "Status" field. Or, the horse is placed when in reality it has not been placed at all meaning the horse has not placed a bet but the "Status" says it had.

This never happened before, any ideas

Thanks

Jonathan
Jonathan

Update to my previous post

Most of this was user error but.

I still get the following using Vista and Office 2007 so surely this must be the API feed

I am getting the wrong horse backed (in the bet placed field it says "Not Now Cato" when the Horse is actually called "Red Rum") and MARKET_SUSPENDED keeps appearing in the "Status" field stopping any bets from placing. Usually at the start of the race when Peter say's, "this market has been suspended" and then "this market is now in play"

I have worked around this now with a Clear_Down, used VBA and a formula to clear cells.

Is this common?

Thanks

Jonathan
Jonathan

So, I appear to now have another issue?

Help please.

I am using a clear_down spreadsheet that uses the count function for any bet that is classed as "PLACING" (count equals 1) or any matched or bet classed as "placed", count equals 1. If the count is greater than or equal to 1, if count is equal to or greater than 1, "". Simple.

The Betfair API appears to be running so quick it places a second bet between "PLACING" and "PLACED". Meaning two bets are placed as the count instantaneously drops from 1 to 0 in the 20 millisecond gap?

I think we are now so fast with processors and CPU that the old spreadhseet cannot keep up?

Would you share my view or is their a better way of stopping bets with a clear down?

Any help would be greatly appreciated as it does not do now what it used to do and I am a bit stuck

Thanks

Jonathan

Jonathan wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:51 pm
Thanks, not me then
Jonathan

Sorry, just to note, I assume you are from Betangel, if not, can you replay, Not From Betangel. Thanks
Jonathan

sorry, should rephrase this. I meant to say. Not too familiar with the forum, assume this is a user based forum. Should I ask Bet Angel if they have anyone else reporting these issues. I am an experienced Excel person and the spreadsheet is no longer behaving the way it used to and I have tried two version of office and two different operating system

Return to “Betfair exchange”