Analysis month end

News, chat and debate about the Betfair betting exchange.
phillywilly72

So I have placed loads of trades on football over the last month and now I want to analyse which theories are working best. I know in betfair you can download the spreadsheets but I have printed of two versions and one is so overly complicated with partial cash outs etc and the other does not give enough information. How do you guys go back and analyse your trades when there is a large volume to go through? Perhaps record my own spreadsheet as I go is one option, but I don't want to lose focus on the match just to fill out a sheet. Ideas appreciated. I particularly need match, type of trade, back or lay, odds amount traded and P/L.
convoysur-2

i would suggest you keep a seperate p&l for each stratagy,,
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jimibt

i'd agree that keeping records as you go along is a must, not sure how i'd figure anything without having those going in parallel to your strategies. that said, i'm pretty anal about record keeping and loss aversion, so it's not to everyone's taste (or requirement potentially once you have something profitable running)
phillywilly72

Thanks I thought I would have to do my own. So annoying that betfair don't allow a customised export so I can extract what I want from previous trades.

Return to “Betfair exchange”