HACKED Money removed from my account

News, chat and debate about the Betfair betting exchange.
Black Ice

Excuse my ignorance...but what is two step authentication & how do i activate it? Sorry to hear.....
sa7med

This forum lead to me activate it. You gotta download the google authenticator app on your phone and set it up through your betfair settings. https://support.betfair.com/app/answers ... 126/c/468/
BetScalper

In the next 5 years, 1 in 4 people will be financially hacked regardless of what security they have.

The authorities and anti-virus companies are always a step behind.

Its the price you will have to pay for being connected to the internet.
ShaunWhite

BetScalper wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:51 am
In the next 5 years, 1 in 4 people will be financially hacked regardless of what security they have.
It's funny how wild assumptions become fact once they're on the web page somewhere.
BetScalper

suff22886

just got a

"we can confirm your acccount was forced into from an unuathorized location and your details compromised, we are covered in our terms and conditions, please message us and we will create a new account for you"

great..... think ill pass :-(
BetScalper

suff22886 wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:51 pm
just got a

"we can confirm your acccount was forced into from an unuathorized location and your details compromised, we are covered in our terms and conditions, please message us and we will create a new account for you"

great..... think ill pass :-(
Did you get the £800 back ?
BetScalper

If you have a look at TrustPilot then skrill has a 1 star rating put of nearly 2,000 review's.

Doesn't make you feel safe when it comes to fraud prevention procedures.

You need verified ID when opening an account with them and Betfair, so they must have an electronic trail of who done what, when and who withdrew the money.

Personally, I think BF themselves are culpable here as much as skrill are.

I thought there additional check if you logged on from a different IP to withdrawal money from a BF account ?
spreadbetting

It's ridiculous Betfair allow people to add a new payment method and then empty an account to it within minutes. With most payment card processing they delay it a day so they can claw back errors.

Having a day or two delay before you can withdraw to new cards etc would snip most fraud in the bud as it's generally done overnight when people don't read texts etc saying a new card is added.

There also used to be an option you could block account access for logins outside your country. I think they did away with that when all their customer service went abroad and other Betfair entities had problems logging in.
LeTiss

Do Betfair ever send email notifications of new payment methods being added?

There should be a 24 hour period before anyone can withdraw to a new card or account
BetScalper

spreadbetting wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:00 pm
It's ridiculous Betfair allow people to add a new payment method and then empty an account to it within minutes. With most payment card processing they delay it a day so they can claw back errors.

Having a day or two delay before you can withdraw to new cards etc would snip most fraud in the bud as it's generally done overnight when people don't read texts etc saying a new card is added.

There also used to be an option you could block account access for logins outside your country. I think they did away with that when all their customer service went abroad and other Betfair entities had problems logging in.
I fully agree.

If you add another payment method then you shouldn't be able to withdraw to it until you have uploaded ID, with photo and address etc which Betfair can cross reference with Experian or such.
BetScalper

LeTiss wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:05 pm
Do Betfair ever send email notifications of new payment methods being added?

There should be a 24 hour period before anyone can withdraw to a new card or account
I used to get an email/sms alert if I logged in from a different IP address. But that seems to have stopped sometime ago.

Google still do it now. BF should re-introduce it asap. And so should BANKS.
weemac

Every time I withdraw from BF, the withdrawal sits on my account as pending for 2 or 3 days, and it's an easy matter to reverse it. What is different in these fraudulent situations?
BetScalper

If someone can get hold of your account details, add a new payment method and withdraw all the money in 24 hours without a flag being raised then there is something seriously wrong.
Black Ice

Many thanks sa7med :)

Return to “Betfair exchange”