New Betfair Plan

News, chat and debate about the Betfair betting exchange.
ShaunWhite

Kai wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 1:28 pm
jameegray1 wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:53 pm
What is a "Premium customer"???
Great question, but nobody seems to know :D Or they don't feel comfortable talking about it for one reason or another.
Premium customers aren't the sort to be lurking around on a forum like this so unlikely to respond. If you are one you'll know about it, because they'll be taking you out for nice lunches.
tomallen123

Just got an email saying my betfair plan would be changing from Jan 1st but didn't give any changes.

Not expecting the changes to be positive :evil:
Euler

There are premium, VIP, recreational and non-recreational customers.

I'd imagine there are a few premium customers on here. Generally speaking, non-recreational customers with elevated support privileges such as account management. Is how I would describe them.
rik

Did anyone find out how to check betfair points when selected the 2% Plan as its still relevant for Australian betting? The mobile phone site would still show the points until last week but not anymore
ShaunWhite

rik wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:09 pm
Did anyone find out how to check betfair points when selected the 2% Plan as its still relevant for Australian betting? The mobile phone site would still show the points until last week but not anymore
I'm not sure about mobile but you can get to your points statement on the website here -> https://myaccount.betfair.com/rewards/p ... d-holidays
Euler

rik wrote:
No it's not according to my account statements.
rik

ShaunWhite wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:31 pm
rik wrote:
I'm not sure about mobile but you can get to your points statement on the website here -> https://myaccount.betfair.com/rewards/p ... d-holidays

thanks that direct link works but still cant find how to get there from the homepage, think they deleted the points section if you selected the 2%
rik

Euler wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:08 pm
man you often do these short posts where its not clear what you mean.
because you never drop below 150k/60% anyway?
if your certain of paying premium charge in the future your net profit will still differ depending on your commission rate as commission paid and generated can be a few percent apart someone uploaded a spreadsheet on another thread.
ShaunWhite

rik wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:25 pm
thanks that direct link works but still cant find how to get there from the homepage, think they deleted the points section if you selected the 2%
Yeah they deleted it and I had the same problem you did. I had a hell of a job convincing support they even still counted for Antipidiean markets, but they do.
rik

ShaunWhite wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:58 pm
rik wrote:
Yeah they deleted it and I had the same problem you did. I had a hell of a job convincing support they even still counted for Antipidiean markets, but they do.
you mean they were thinking to put away with points completely so everyone would be 6-10% for Australia?
ShaunWhite

rik wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 12:32 am
ShaunWhite wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:58 pm
rik wrote:
you mean they were thinking to put away with points completely so everyone would be 6-10% for Australia?
No, I mean the link was removed from the site by someone who didn't realise they were still applicable. When I contacted BF about it being missing from the website the frontline support people said they didn't apply anymore, but my manager (and my statements since the change) confirms that they still do. They also confirmed that they wouldn't be reducing the 15% decay during the crisis to help with our reduced turnover.
rik

they still took 15% decay
Euler

rik wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:05 pm
Euler wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:08 pm
man you often do these short posts where its not clear what you mean.
because you never drop below 150k/60% anyway?
if your certain of paying premium charge in the future your net profit will still differ depending on your commission rate as commission paid and generated can be a few percent apart someone uploaded a spreadsheet on another thread.
Sorry, I meant that the base rate isn't applicable to Australian racing. Seperate entity so these sorts of markets just don't count by the look of it.
ShaunWhite

rik wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 8:22 am
Yeah like I said I pressed them for some movement on that but they wouldn't budge. When the UK locked down I took a couple of weeks of points holiday until my turnover picked up enough to beat the 15% again. I've fought hard for a decent discount rate and I didn't just want to watch it erode cos it's a hell of a lot harder to grow it than it is to lose it.
Derek27

ShaunWhite wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 3:13 pm
rik wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 8:22 am
Yeah like I said I pressed them for some movement on that but they wouldn't budge. When the UK locked down I took a couple of weeks of points holiday until my turnover picked up enough to beat the 15% again. I've fought hard for a decent discount rate and I didn't just want to watch it erode cos it's a hell of a lot harder to grow it than it is to lose it.
A pack of cards to get you through the lockdown wouldn't cost much. Or a race-simulation card game where players take turns to be the bookie (great fun with non-gamblers who offer 60% overrounds) would while away the hours. :)

Return to “Betfair exchange”