Cross Matching ( Match odds - Soccer )

News, chat and debate about the Betfair betting exchange.
lmigueltavares

Good afternoon.
Regarding the match odds market in football does anyone know if there have been any changes in the cross matching algorithm?
Dallas

Not that i've heard but it wouldn't surprise me if they are consistently tweaking and playing about with in some small way
Kai

lmigueltavares wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 7:12 pm
Good afternoon.
Regarding the match odds market in football does anyone know if there have been any changes in the cross matching algorithm?
Not sure what you mean exactly but haven't noticed any major changes in cross-matching, I'm not overly reliant on it but I really like how the market is structured overall.

Could just be my imagination but feels a bit like it's slightly easier to get matched this year compared to previous years.
lmigueltavares

How can I know how cross matching is done in match odds (soccer) and which markets are interconnected
Archery1969

lmigueltavares wrote:
Wed Dec 25, 2019 4:06 pm
How can I know how cross matching is done in match odds (soccer) and which markets are interconnected
As far as I know cross matching is on all soccer related markets.
Kai

lmigueltavares wrote:
Wed Dec 25, 2019 4:06 pm
By analyzing the markets through trial and error? You can play around with the virtual money option in Bet Angel, not sure if there's any official documentation about crossmatching in general since I don't think Betfair wants to be fully transparent about it.
Archery1969 wrote:
Wed Dec 25, 2019 9:09 pm
As far as I know cross matching is on all soccer related markets.
Not on all markets, I guess it depends how inter connected they are. Some markets are entirely made up of virtual money, it's not really useful for traders but at least punters/gamblers that like betting on obscure markets are able to match a large bet at a competitive price.

Return to “Betfair exchange”