Betfair Premium - I shouldn't be paying

News, chat and debate about the Betfair betting exchange.
ShaunWhite

wearthefoxhat wrote:
Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:29 pm
Daft question, but related.

Does any of the profit made when the company was known as Flutter.com, count towards the lifetime allowance?
It all counts, I asked for a lifetime summary recently and it went back to 2000.
ShaunWhite

Jordanauburn123 wrote:
Sat Apr 11, 2020 11:42 pm
Lifetime
Looks like a straightforward admin cockup, just let them know and they'll sort it out.

Ts&Cs section 9.
Screenshot_8.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Derek27

ShaunWhite wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 1:45 am
Jordanauburn123 wrote:
Lifetime
Looks like a straightforward admin cockup, just let them know and they'll sort it out.

Ts&Cs section 9.

Screenshot_8.png
He hasn't paid any premium charge, he's just talking about some of his allowance being used up. You're not considered for paying PC until you've traded 250 markets but your £1000 allowance starts getting consumed straight away.
ShaunWhite

Derek27 wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 1:54 am
ShaunWhite wrote:
Jordanauburn123 wrote:
Lifetime

Ts&Cs section 9.

Screenshot_8.png
He hasn't paid any premium charge, he's just talking about some of his allowance being used up. You're not considered for paying PC until you've traded 250 markets but your £1000 allowance starts getting consumed straight away.
Not if you're not in lifetime profit. 'Thankfully'(?) I made such a balls up of my first attempt at trading years ago that I'm still in a lifetime loss. I don't even have access to the PC summary page let alone use any allowance. If yours was different they owe you a grand :)
Screenshot_9.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Derek27

ShaunWhite wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 2:23 am
Derek27 wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 1:54 am
ShaunWhite wrote:

Ts&Cs section 9.

Screenshot_8.png
Not if you're not in lifetime profit. 'Thankfully'(?) I made such a balls up of my first attempt at trading years ago that I'm still in a lifetime loss. I don't even have access to the PC summary page let alone use any allowance. If yours was different they owe you a grand :)
Screenshot_9.png
If you have a few successful weeks and then start making a lifetime loss, some of your PC allowance will be used up, just like PC payers can end up in a lifetime loss - you don't get your PC back but still get credited for paying it should you get profitable again.
ShaunWhite

Derek27 wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 2:48 am
If you have a few successful weeks and then start making a lifetime loss, some of your PC allowance will be used up, just like PC payers can end up in a lifetime loss - you don't get your PC back but still get credited for paying it should you get profitable again.
ahhh i see now. I hadn't read/understood that the guy could have used that before going -ve. I thought it has been used in error while in lifetime loss.

With that and the simple PC calc formula you're really schooling me today Derek :) How about a simple formula for aus commission including dogs/horses, state rate, race types and escalating commission discount rates? I could do with one of those :) tbh '6 or 7%ish give or take a little bit' works well enough for aus, for me.
Derek27

That's what the lockdown does - it gets you thinking. :)

I use an Access database with a table to hold all the meetings, a linked table for the jurisdiction, and for AUS meetings another lookup that lists all the States, with a field for the commission rate. So if the commission rate changes for a State I just need to change one field. The VBA behind the forms includes points calculation, depreciation and discount rates. :)

The last time commission rates changed in Australia I had to manually go through each meeting record to make corrections before eventually modifying the database. :oops:
rik

you must have had at least one good week when starting out initially, you don have to worry about premium charge anytime soon

Return to “Betfair exchange”