Betfair closed my account

News, chat and debate about the Betfair betting exchange.
lotora

Hey there!

Just got this email from Betfair. It says: "Simply contact our Customer Service Team", but then I am asked to login, which I can't due to the account being closed. Catch22!

Right now, I can't find the Betfair App in "Play Store". I suppose it has recently been removed?! In the past, I have only been able to contact betfair through this app. Other options?

Kind regards
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by lotora on Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Archery1969

lotora wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:08 am
Hey there!

Just got this email from Betfair. It says: "Simply contact our Customer Service Team", but then I am asked to login, which I can't due to the account being closed. Catch22!

I tried to install the Betfair App on my Samsung Mobile, but can't find it in the "Google Shop".

What are my best options?

Kind regards
Ring them, i had the same issue, had to setup 2 step authentication.
lotora

Thanks! Trying to find the number....Can you please post it here?
Archery1969

lotora wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:18 am
Thanks! Trying to find the number....Can you please post it here?
Are you UK based ?

Only number i have is 0844 871 5000
lotora

Thank you!, but I was then asked to contact customer support...Difficult to understand the women (from India). Right now I am in Thailand...do you have another number?
Euler

Maybe try live chat as I find that a better way to communicate.

https://support.betfair.com/app/contact_us/

Then click on help with something else
lotora

Thanks Peter!

However, I am not able to use "Message US" from any computers or phones. I am instead being directed to Betfair login page...catch22 :D. The only time it did work was by using a Betfair app from 'Play Store', but it seems to have been removed from the store recently.

Have tried alternative methods without success. Any way around it?
Haven't found any email address to customer service, or a phone number...right now I am stranded in Thailand.

Looking forward to hearing from you!
Archery1969

Betfair access from Thailand is not allowed and will be blocked, that probably includes customer support to as it will be checking your IP address etc.
lotora

Yes, but I am always connected through a UK IP address via NordVPN. Also while running BetAngel...
Archery1969

lotora wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:24 am
Yes, but I am always connected through a UK IP address via NordVPN. Also while running BetAngel...
It looks like they are pushing everyone to using web chat. So if that number i gave doesnt work then not sure how you contact them. What happens if you try web chat ?
lotora

When clicking on webchat (Contact US) I am being re-directed to Betfair login. The only time it did work was via a Betfair app which now seems to be removed from the Play Store...Just don't know what more to do...
Archery1969

lotora wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:35 am
When clicking on webchat (Contact US) I am being re-directed to Betfair login. The only time it did work was via a Betfair app which now seems to be removed from the Play Store...Just don't know what more to do...
I dont get redirected from the UK when i access the webchat, so maybe somehow it knows your using a VPN ????
lotora

After clicking on "Message US"... (It worked from my mobile app, which I unfortunately have deleted)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by lotora on Tue Apr 28, 2020 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Archery1969

lotora wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 12:03 pm
After clicking on "Message US"...
I tried, not logged in and it brings up the web chat dialogue box, so try not logged in and see how you get on etc ?
lotora

Thank you! It's embarassing, but that actually worked...Just need to wait for someone to answer...I am so grateful!

Return to “Betfair exchange”