Liability on Betfair

News, chat and debate about the Betfair betting exchange.
NickH

Hi there. Just a simple one to start of my return to the forum as a poster..

When expecting a horse to shorten in price, you start your trade with a back bet. For the back bets I have determined an x% of my bankroll as the maximum liability I feel ok with and have set the quick stakes accordingly.

However, I am finding it hard to find the correct staking when starting my trade with a lay bet (as I think the horse will increase in price), as the quick stake used now doesnt represent my liability, but potential profit. Example: horse with a price of 3 would give me 50 in liability with a 25 stake.

Is there any way you can get your settings in such a way, that my quick stake represents my liability and betfair calculating what your potential profit would be accordingly? How do you all deal with this? Am I missing something? When opening my trade with a lay bet it is costing me quite some time now calculating the bet sizing to obtain my desired liability and it is costing me some ticks as I cant use the ‘quickness’ of the quick stakes.
ShaunWhite

You probably need staking by liability (Back and Lay).

I'm sure one of these will do what you want.... https://www.betangel.com/user-guide/sta ... 3D&mw=Mzcy
NickH

I fully agree that will solve the issue if I would be using betangel. However, does someone know if this setting is also a possibility at betfair? Can't seem to find it..

Return to “Betfair exchange”