Betfair forum - the decline of

News, chat and debate about the Betfair betting exchange.
jamesedwards

Seemingly getting slower and more buggy by the day. Not been able to post for a couple of days now. Looking at the lack of other posting traffic it seems most people are in the same boat but some still can post. Anyone got any idea how? Have tried cookie clearing, different browsers, mobile, cognito mode etc but nothing seems to work.
ANGELS15

jameegray1 wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:34 pm
Seemingly getting slower and more buggy by the day. Not been able to post for a couple of days now. Looking at the lack of other posting traffic it seems most people are in the same boat but some still can post. Anyone got any idea how? Have tried cookie clearing, different browsers, mobile, cognito mode etc but nothing seems to work.
I thought it was just me.

Up until a few months ago if I posted, it appeared almost immediately. The last few months my posts often take a few hours to appear. Iy wouldn't surprise me if as I write this (10.42pm Tue 30 June), it may not appear until tomorrow morning or the very early hours at least.

Also been having problems populating Guardian with the days dog win markets. Just will not load and those few that do come up as 'market suspended'. Was working fine a few days ago.
jamesedwards

ANGELS15 wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:45 pm
jameegray1 wrote:

Up until a few months ago if I posted, it appeared almost immediately. The last few months my posts often take a few hours to appear. Iy wouldn't surprise me if as I write this (10.42pm Tue 30 June), it may not appear until tomorrow morning or the very early hours at least.

Also been having problems populating Guardian with the days dog win markets. Just will not load and those few that do come up as 'market suspended'. Was working fine a few days ago.
I was referring to the Betfair forum at https://community.betfair.com/ , not this Bet Angel forum.

However, interesting you mention your Greyhound Guardian issue. For several weeks now I have been having problems loading the Greyhound markets into Guardian via the 'Racing Markets Quick Picks' screen. I found the fix is to hit 'Refresh' on the 'Market Selection' tab first. This seems to work for me.
ANGELS15

jameegray1 wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:29 pm
ANGELS15 wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:45 pm
jameegray1 wrote:

I was referring to the Betfair forum at https://community.betfair.com/ , not this Bet Angel forum.

However, interesting you mention your Greyhound Guardian issue. For several weeks now I have been having problems loading the Greyhound markets into Guardian via the 'Racing Markets Quick Picks' screen. I found the fix is to hit 'Refresh' on the 'Market Selection' tab first. This seems to work for me.

Thanks for the clarification I do know the forum you're referring to. Sometimes if I have issues with the Betfair site I google to see if anyone else had the same issue and this site comes up a lot. Although I've never posted on it myself.

Thanks for the tip re the 'Racing Markets Quick Pick' screen. This is exactly the issue I've been having. It's been like this for a few months but I've usually found after a couple of gos or logging out and back in that used to resolve it. However yesterday was particulary bad. I finally managed it after many many gos. I actually posted it on another thread yesterday Dallas saw it and was trying to help but by I then posted that I'd been able to do it. Sods law my computer froze later and when I logged back in I couldn't load the quick picks for the rest of the day!

Anyway I just tried your tip for today's quick pics and after a couple of gos it worked

Good luck with your trading
Euler

Not aware of any specific issues on the greyhounds as I do them daily and haven't seen any issues. Not aware of any forum issue either?
Euler

The Betfair forum was a hive of activity in its heyday, but I think all the various changes at Betfair have made has reduced the level of interest. I know they had a problem policing it effectively but when cross-matching came in and then the higher rate PC it became a place for people to have a meltdown at Betfair, so I guess it just became a disposable part of the business. I don't think they have any active management of it now.
LeTiss

Euler wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:50 am
The Betfair forum was a hive of activity in its heyday, but I think all the various changes at Betfair have made has reduced the level of interest. I know they had a problem policing it effectively but when cross-matching came in and then the higher rate PC it became a place for people to have a meltdown at Betfair, so I guess it just became a disposable part of the business. I don't think they have any active management of it now.
I'm amazed it's still going tbh - you're right, it became a hotbed of abuse towards BF
ANGELS15

Euler wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:43 am
Not aware of any specific issues on the greyhounds as I do them daily and haven't seen any issues. Not aware of any forum issue either?
It's possible that the issues I've been experiencing have something to do with my windows tablet. Perhaps it's getting old and slower. Hoping to upgrade to something better when I can.

Return to “Betfair exchange”