keeping bet in the market after withdrawals

News, chat and debate about the Betfair betting exchange.
danny74danny

Hi,
Does anybody know how to keep my bet in horse market despite withdrawal. As an example I put my lay bet in morning on market say at the odds of 3 but during the day are some horses withdrawn and my initial lay bet keeps dropping down way bellow 3 which I don’t want so how do I stop it from shifting and keep it at certain odds no matter what. Betfair costumer service replied it’s not possible but I can see every day there are umatched bets on market kept at their odds even after withdrawals. Thanks for any advice
Jim Royle

if you select ` keep in play ` that will stop the bet being cancelled
danny74danny

Thanks Jim, I'm aware of keep in play button but I meant something else. There is no problem problem with my bet going inplay, problem is that my bet is dropping down from initial odds I set in the morning after withdrawals during the day before market goes off and that I want to stop. Wanna keep it at my odds no matter what
Jim Royle

by pressing keep in play it will keep your bet at the odds you have it set at the odds won`t contract when theres withdrawls , you dont need to take the bet in play as you can cancel it anytime you like
weemac

Betdaq give you the option of leaving your odds unaltered, but betfair don't.
Derek27

danny74danny wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:58 am
Thanks Jim, I'm aware of keep in play button but I meant something else. There is no problem problem with my bet going inplay, problem is that my bet is dropping down from initial odds I set in the morning after withdrawals during the day before market goes off and that I want to stop. Wanna keep it at my odds no matter what
The price drops for a reason!

If you lay a horse at 10 and an even money fav or horse with a 50% reduction factor is withdrawn, matched bets at 10 get changed to 5. You would not still want to lay the horse at 10 when the likely current trading price is 5.

Worse still, in a 3-runner race, the fav is withdrawn at 1.1 with a reduction factor at 90%. The second fav that was trading at 3.2 is now 1.2. Would you still want to lay it at 3.2?
Jim Royle

Derek27 wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:42 pm
danny74danny wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:58 am
The price drops for a reason!

If you lay a horse at 10 and an even money fav or horse with a 50% reduction factor is withdrawn, matched bets at 10 get changed to 5. You would not still want to lay the horse at 10 when the likely current trading price is 5.

Worse still, in a 3-runner race, the fav is withdrawn at 1.1 with a reduction factor at 90%. The second fav that was trading at 3.2 is now 1.2. Would you still want to lay it at 3.2?
Take a look at the 6.30 at Sandown tonight a prime example of what Derek has said
danny74danny

I understand what you mean but I personally wouldn't lay at the odds of 10 so there is no worry of catching that price as my lays are way lower neither would I touch 3 horse race what I'm simply looking for is how to keep my bet at the odds I want despite withdrawals but hitting keep inplay doesn't work I do it on software and also check it on betfair webpage and yet still it does shift lower when there is withdrawal
ANGELS15

Jim Royle wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:27 am
if you select ` keep in play ` that will stop the bet being cancelled
I think the OP is stating that his lay bet price keeps getting readjusted due to the reduction factor ('rule 4'). Mind you if say there wa a 10 runner race and you were trying to lay something at 3.0. If there were a few non runners would you still want to lay at the original price?.
spreadbetting

danny74danny wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:13 am
Betfair costumer service replied it’s not possible but I can see every day there are umatched bets on market kept at their odds even after withdrawals. Thanks for any advice
I can't imagine there are many odds points where the odds are kept, the reduction factor gets applied to all bets if the RF is 2.5%+. At lower odds it doesn't effect some bets because it's not a big enough reduction to take the bet down to the next odds step. But at the end of the day, ike customers services told you, there's no way round avoiding the reduction factor.

If you're desperate to keep the odds point you'll just have to monitor the market and adjust any bets back to their orgial odds/stake if a RF is applied, I'm sure BA with it's numerous bells and whistles is able to monitor and update bets. If you're simply looking to leave bets in the in running markets the easiest thing is to fire them in after the off as no RF apply to in running markets.
Derek27

danny74danny wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:05 pm
I understand what you mean but I personally wouldn't lay at the odds of 10 so there is no worry of catching that price as my lays are way lower neither would I touch 3 horse race what I'm simply looking for is how to keep my bet at the odds I want despite withdrawals but hitting keep inplay doesn't work I do it on software and also check it on betfair webpage and yet still it does shift lower when there is withdrawal
If you layed this at 2.5, would you really want to keep those odds after the 53% reduction factor has been applied? What's the point? It's throwing money away!
download.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Anbell

As others have said, you need to think through what you are trying to do, and why, and it is probably nuts.

However, if you still want to do it, you could set up Guardian that looks at the number of runners when you first place your bets, and then continually check whether that number has changed, and if so, you could cancel your bets and re-place them at 3.0.

Return to “Betfair exchange”