Christmas Hamper thread

News, chat and debate about the Betfair betting exchange.
Euler

Interested to know if anybody gets anything for Christmas.

It's been at least four years since Betfair sent anything to me so I am feeling deeply unloved. Just curious as to whether they have stopped sending stuff full stop.
Last edited by Euler on Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
poklius

I'm getting premium charge in 1-2weeks, since my PC allowance is almost gone.. Merry Christmas to me! :(
Corker

I'll probably get a exchange games offer.
Euler

Didn't have the threat of a new charge on my account on my list! :shock:
PeterLe

Noticed anothe chunk out of my P&L this morning thanks to the PC...wouldn't it be nice if Betfair waivered the PC charge the week before Christmas as a good will gesture??!
WESTHAMS

Hi
Fairly New To BA whats A PC Charge :?:
PeterLe

Hi
PC = Premium Charge
Once you start turning a regular profit, they star taking 20% of you winnings (in a nutshell; Google Betfair Premium Charge for more info)..
Thanks
Peter
Iron

There's about as much chance of that happening as there is of Rudolf the Rednosed Reindeer popping by and tap dancing on your lawn! :)

Jeff
PeterLe wrote:Noticed anothe chunk out of my P&L this morning thanks to the PC...wouldn't it be nice if Betfair waivered the PC charge the week before Christmas as a good will gesture??!
Euler

Just checking to see if Betfair sent anything to anybody? I got nothing as usual, not even an email saying 'Happy Christmas' or 'Thanks' or anything moderately festive.
LeTiss

I had an email from Betfair on Christmas Eve

Just to tell me I had incurred £6.12 of data usage charges
Iron

LOL! Good old Betfair!

BTW, in my experience, if you make some excuse for having incurred the charges and ask them to refund them as a goodwill gesture, they'll normally oblige.

Jeff
LeTiss 4pm wrote:I had an email from Betfair on Christmas Eve

Just to tell me I had incurred £6.12 of data usage charges
Euler

IMHO, their lack of enthusiasm for keeping customers happy is getting concerning.
Dobbin

Hi Folks

It is all about selling their shares now before they screw the whole thing up all together.

Whos cares about the Customer when you are a shareholder

The way of the World now
Euler

So can I conclude that nobody received anything from Betfair this year? Were there any email greetings / best wishes? I didn't get anything in my inbox.
Iron

In fairness to Betfair, if they had sent everyone an e-card (if that's the right term!), we'd have all accused them of spamming us with a message designed to increase Betfair's profits rather than spread goodwill! :)

Jeff
Euler wrote:So can I conclude that nobody received anything from Betfair this year? Were there any email greetings / best wishes? I didn't get anything in my inbox.

Return to “Betfair exchange”