Front-running?

The purple place, the most viable alternative to the Betfair exchange
mobile

....The trading team here at Betdaq In Dublin regulates the operation of the exchange. Our 2 main duties that relate directly to the Ladbrokes product are the provision of betting markets to complement the Ladbrokes exchange and Betdaq domain, and liability management.
A significant part of our role as traders is to ensure the accurate management of all football events offered on the exchange. We do this by using various pricing feeds to 'seed' Markets, generating liquidity for our customers.
The other major part of our role is the management of liabilities and communicating where Betdaq's positions sit in relation to those of Ladbrokes as a whole.
To help us do this effectively, we use automated betting bots to give us a snapshot of our biggest winners or losers across the board at any given time.
With this information, we can then liaise with the trading team in Rayners Lane to determine the strength of our isolated position and hedge accordingly - before the game starts and in play.....
andyfuller

Where did you find that information please?
Euler

Why wouldn't Ladbrokes use Betdaq to hedge?

Also I actually requested that Ladbrokes seed the market with a wide spread as that should encourage more activity. Seems a logical thing in both cases?
mobile

Info from internal source.
Perhaps on reflection I am using the wrong subject title.
Seeding a market as an encouragement is fine.
It is more the question of how the in play hedging is handled.
Several times I have been pretty sure that I am at or near the front of the queue; Match impetus changes, Traded volume increases rapidly on the price, but most if not all of my money is not picked up.
Paranoia rules....

Return to “Betdaq exchange”