New trader starting point

The purple place, the most viable alternative to the Betfair exchange
RentonT

Hi there, so I have just took the leap into full time trading... eeek! I am not paying any PC and I haven't used Betdaq yet.

I don't have much to complain about on Betfair, I'm firmly in the adapt and survive camp when I read the common grumbles. I predominantly trade the horses pre race, but also do some in-play trades too. I prefer to swing trade but I can scalp effectively also. I have also had success trading NBA but that was more because I was fitting in as much trading opportunities around work.

I know there is no definite right answer but I am wondering whether I should use Betdaq or not just yet? I know there would be no harm in trying it and answering the question myself.

But I am keen to get other user's opinions especially Peter's. Would you say there is a difference in "difficulty" so to speak. Lets say in terms of total profit with a bank in the range of £1000-£5000.

Thanks
steven1976

Try both and see from results which gives you the most cash to spend at the end of the day.
RentonT

I appreciate the reply and I'm not surprised at your advice. It will take me some time to come to my own conclusion however.

Therefore I am still looking for opinions from people who have had experience using both and have more in the way of results and time spent on both.

Thanks
andyfuller

For swing trades you should be fine on Betdaq, scalping will be much harder away from the bigger days/meetings.

Good luck.
RentonT

Thanks Andy, that sounds pretty encouraging then. Ascot next week will be a great opportunity to try Betdaq I feel. I heard Cheltenham traded nicely this year on Betdaq.
andyfuller

Ascot should be very good on Betdaq if not better than Betfair. But don't let Ascot give you the wrong impression of Betdaq. It won't always have those kind of volumes.
RentonT

Ok thanks Andy. I wouldn't want to start trading ALL big meetings and Saturdays over to Betdaq, I would feel wary about not keeping up to date with the behaviour of betfair.

Which leads me to asking this, do you think betdaq markets behave differently? Like are the different characteristics on Betdaq in general? (I know individual markets trade differently anyway but more focusing on the general feel of Betdaq compared to Betfair)

Thanks
andyfuller

Spend some time reading the Betdaq thread and Today's Racing thread - plenty of info in there on your questions.

Return to “Betdaq exchange”