BETDAQ Goodwood & Galway trading promotion

The purple place, the most viable alternative to the Betfair exchange
Euler

I understand that a lot of people used to use Betdaq to hedge in the on course market, but not so sure how many do since Ladbrokes bought them?

However it does look like the on course market in Ireland is a significant influence in the volumes that we see on Betdaq.
Euler

Volumes were good at Galway again yesterday, but Goodwood has been a bit of a struggle it seems.
Euler

1605 at Galway produced 35% of the Betfair volume on Betdaq, one of the highest this year that I've seen.
andyfuller

In percentage terms the BD Irish markets are good but in absolute terms they aren't as impressive imo.

Would you be at all worried that in light of the merger between Coral and Ladbrokes and the likely cost cutting that Betdaq could be cut?

I suspect Ladbrokes don't make much from it if anything and I would think it pulls them away from their core business and is more of a distraction than an asset to them.
hgodden

I wondered that too Andy, but hopefully it would look too much of a quick defeat for them to jettison betdaq.

But then I guess we were all hoping they had more of a substantial plan for it in the first place.
andyfuller

hgodden wrote:I wondered that too Andy, but hopefully it would look too much of a quick defeat for them to jettison betdaq.

But then I guess we were all hoping they had more of a substantial plan for it in the first place.
The fact they don't seem to have got the bit between their teeth much since acquiring it makes me wonder. It is definitely better than it used to be but it has hardly been a spectacular change in how it is run since it was bought.

As for being too soon..just look at Microsoft and Nokia and we are talking about a much bigger scale with that deal. The merger would be the perfect time to ditch it as management and priorities change.

God help the exchange traders if they do get rid of it as Betfair will have nothing to worry about what so ever, not that they have a huge amount to worry about even now if were honest.
Euler

It is disappointing how many chances Betdaq have had to make an impact and completely failed to take.

I think it's impossible to figure out what the coral merger will do and how it will affect things. But for the right company Betdaq is still an opportunity.

If you are not the incumbent in an industry and you can cause the incumbent extreme damage very little cost if you pursue the right tactics. So far Betdaq have not done this, so if somebody steps up that is capable of thinking like this then there is still the opportunity to have an impact.

You do sense that time is running out though. They really need to get into gear and attack Betfair.
marko236

Im starting to think they have bought Betdaq incase exchanges take over betting and they have got a head start on other betting companies?
Euler

I've had an exceptional day on Betdaq today. It's curious but the pattern I pointed out on the other thread seems to hold true each week.
andyfuller

Can't say I found it exceptional yesterday. Thursday was far better for me.

All the markets so far today seem crazy with wild moves.
Euler

It's unfortunate that Betdaq often gets infected by moves on Betfair. Managed to escape for zero in the first.
Archangel

Does Betfair tend to lead Betdaq ?
For example if money comes for a runner on Betfair will that come on Betdaq too ?
andyfuller

Very much so but you can 'feel' that it is starting to make its own mind up now at times but I never use it without an eye on the BF prices.

The moves on BF is what got me off to a bad start today - there were some lumpy BF bets that shifted the price several ticks which then BD follows due to the bots but due to the lack of liquidity you can often find yourself having to take a worse price still further to exit on BD.

Overall I have found it a respectable week on Betdaq, much better than it used to be as recent as a year ago but still a very long way from being like BF.

It feels to me like there just aren't enough punters on BD and that is what is missing from the ecosystem despite you often being able to get favourable odds on BD v BF before even taking account of commission.

It feels today like there isn't much oncourse money on BD but Thursday I thought there felt like there was a lot hence my much better day.
andyfuller

Nice to log in to my Betdaq account today and see a nice £50 bonus sat in there.

Thanks very much Betdaq!

Betfair wouldn't give you the steam off their pi$$! This one promotion alone has given me more back than I ever got off Betfair despite paying them thousands in commission.

Hope others helped themselves to it as well!
Archangel

They could give us all a bonus at Betfair, but they decided to give the lot to Breon instead

Return to “Betdaq exchange”