any issues with BetAngel BetDaq interface today

The purple place, the most viable alternative to the Betfair exchange
Korattt

see image attachment, I've uninstalled, reinstalled, restarted PC uninstalled, reinstalled.. still the same?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
LinusP

Seen this before in .net applications when running in debug mode, google agrees. Not sure if betangel have updated recently?
Euler

Are you running Bitdefender or AVG anti-virus?
Korattt

hi Euler, appreciate the reply.. neither, double checked, reinstalled etc, no AVG or bitdef extensions or programs installed.. all removed, PC restarted Bet Angel uninstalled / reinstalled, I've tried everything I can think of?
Dallas

Have you done any windows updates recently, even automatic ones in the back ground you may not of been aware of?
Have you tried restoring to a earlier point when you knew it worked?
mobile

running 2 laptops.
One with Windows 10 pro.... One with Windows 10 home.
Windows 10 pro..... No problem
Windows 10 home.... Exactly duplicate your error message.
10 home put through yet another update the other day and it locked my laptop in restart.took me over an hour to sort out.
I run bitdefender on both machines so that is not the problem.
Microsoft appear to be using home users as guinea pigs for all their updates and there is not a lot you can do about it, except move over to the pro version.
Under the pro version you appear to have the option to delay updates until they are known to be stable.
PS.. It is the usual rip-off for upgrade.
US USD99 UK GBP99
mobile

not sure this is a Microsoft issue.
Have just uninstalled the latest 10 home version update and still get the same error message.
As a comparative... Another Betdaq API software logs in cleanly.
Korattt

Hi guys,

Restored to previous restore point and working fine, really don't know why I didn't think of that.. still learning the ropes but lost a days trading,

Thank you to all those who helped out with replies
small fry

I'm getting this on Betangel for Betfair for the first time today. I don't have Bitdefender or AVG anti-virus. It must be a windows 10 problem. I don't mind not getting to trade today but could do with trading tomorrow.....
Dallas

Just try what i advised Koratt to do and do a system restore to a earlier point
oscar123

No problems here.

Ive been reluctant to upgrade to windows 10 for fear of the above happening. Glad i didnt bother now, think im going to leave it as long as I can, sounds like more trouble than it is worth.
small fry

Cheers Dallas just trying to do that now but never done it before so watching video's.
Korattt

did it again this morning.. I've trashed Windows 10, gone back to Windows 8 & works fine now, (after wasting oodles of time), thanks guys.. & HNY
small fry

Sorted for today but I don't know what's going to happen when it updates again. Thanks for your help...
mobile

just worked out which windows 10 update is causing the error problem.
Look for KB3132372 and uninstall it.
Now gives clean login to Betdaq.
This is only a temporary fix as Windows will try to reinstall it.
Cannot see a way to pick and choose which updates you accept. So you may have to repeat this.

Return to “Betdaq exchange”